Aux switch ideas for JL/JT

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
I got my UHF antenna mounted on the left side Crawl mount. Still debating on should I get a roof rack or not.

Dis you had to drill through the hardtop for the rhino rack?
Jeep Wrangler JL Aux switch ideas for JL/JT 584329DE-A006-49AD-B220-E4C979433914
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jayphil

Jayphil

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
I got my UHF antenna mounted on the left side Crawl mount. Still debating on should I get a roof rack or not.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aux switch ideas for JL/JT 584329DE-A006-49AD-B220-E4C979433914
Nice light setup. I installed a warn low grille tube bar but thinking I'm gonna have to remove it to fit something 7" or so.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon

I loving having the roof rack, i think it fits the jeep perfectly compared to any other car on the market.

But yes you have to drill through the roof, im not sure how easy/hard this process is as Rhino rack did this for me (As they used my jeep for some of their official pictures) though from what i hear its pretty straight forward. I mean the holes ive drilled in my roof for cables are way larger anyway =)

BikiniJL

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon ordered
I mounted mine on the rhino rack pioneer platform. Allows me to get the most out of my 2.1db antenna.
Thanks. I opted for the Front Runner roof rack. Got a RTT ordered as well. Think I'll get all that fitted and decide an antenna position.

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use Aux 4 to permanently power the dash cam, I have it on a button for when i want to turn it off for whatever reason.

Then i use the constant 12v wire fromt he aux kit to power my cb radio (GME XRS370)

Then i use the SwitchPros 9100 to controll all my external lights which does a much better job with controlling lights plus keeps it legal in Australia to use with Highbeams and all. (I have set the top 4 buttons to all turn on with the high beams which is all the front facing lights)

Plus some other cool features of the 9100, bluetooth connection to control lights via your phone,you can dim all the lights by holding the buttons, set lights to flash and strobe if you want, etc... Its great... Much better than the factory aux switches in my opinion.

Hi Jaydee,

I am trying to setup a relay so my aux light comes on when I turn on high beam.

I see you got yours setup similar, did you had to splice a wire at the headlight assembly? if yes which one? or at fuse box to trigger the high beam.

any help or a photo would be highly appreciated!

Sponsored

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Hi Jaydee,

I am trying to setup a relay so my aux light comes on when I turn on high beam.

I see you got yours setup similar, did you had to splice a wire at the headlight assembly? if yes which one? or at fuse box to trigger the high beam.

any help or a photo would be highly appreciated!
Sure thing, I did splice into the high beam wire behind the driver side head light for highbeam switching and also into the drivers side parker light for dimming of the control panel at night as well.

Here is a photo i took when i installed it for that just in case moment if anyone else asked. =)

Jeep Wrangler JL Aux switch ideas for JL/JT 2020-04-05 14.43.41

So you would obviously pull the airbox out which is simple enough.. then you'll see these wires.

The white wire with the grey stripe is what you want to tap into. You can clearly see in my photo which wire this is.

Tap into that and away you go. Highbeam switching.

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you!
Sure thing, I did splice into the high beam wire behind the driver side head light for highbeam switching and also into the drivers side parker light for dimming of the control panel at night as well.

Here is a photo i took when i installed it for that just in case moment if anyone else asked. =)

Jeep Wrangler JL Aux switch ideas for JL/JT 2020-04-05 14.43.41

So you would obviously pull the airbox out which is simple enough.. then you'll see these wires.

The white wire with the grey stripe is what you want to tap into. You can clearly see in my photo which wire this is.

Tap into that and away you go. Highbeam switching.
Thank you!
Sponsored