Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
Hi fellow jeepers.

I was wondering everyone is doing with their auxillary switches?

I recently had a winch installed, but got it hard wired to my battery. My next project will be driving lights using the aux. switches.

What else could be installed to occupy those switches?
Sponsored

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Hi fellow jeepers.

I was wondering everyone is doing with their auxillary switches?

I recently had a winch installed, but got it hard wired to my battery. My next project will be driving lights using the aux. switches.

What else could be installed to occupy those switches?
Yet to go to the driving lights and winch. I used one of the in-cabin connections (AUX4) to power the CB radio. Having a unit with the powered mic, the AUX allows me to shut of the power to the main unit which is stowed away up under the dash.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
I use Aux 4 to permanently power the dash cam, I have it on a button for when i want to turn it off for whatever reason.

Then i use the constant 12v wire fromt he aux kit to power my cb radio (GME XRS370)

Then i use the SwitchPros 9100 to controll all my external lights which does a much better job with controlling lights plus keeps it legal in Australia to use with Highbeams and all. (I have set the top 4 buttons to all turn on with the high beams which is all the front facing lights)

Plus some other cool features of the 9100, bluetooth connection to control lights via your phone,you can dim all the lights by holding the buttons, set lights to flash and strobe if you want, etc... Its great... Much better than the factory aux switches in my opinion.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aux switch ideas for JL/JT 2020-04-13 17.08.55
Jeep Wrangler JL Aux switch ideas for JL/JT 2020-04-13 17.08.36

Sponsored

CaseOfAle

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 981S, 19JLUS
There's some discussions on the site regarding having those hot power cables running in front of the grill. Someone had some accident that severed the cables and started a fire. You'll find some discussion around power cutoff switch (https://www.quadratec.com/products/...qwBgrFGcpdrrBUL4RH2wA06ZFlWKHAoRoCZFIQAvD_BwE) that needs to be "turned on".

You can use the Aux switch to power the relay.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
I like the 9100 for the light control over AUX. What lights did you go with? Did you order that winch line holder from overseas?
Roof light is the Xray 1200 Series LED Linear Light Bar (240 watt model)
Lights on the front bar a various stedi light bars which i dont rate very highly when compared to the xray light bar. I'll be doing some proper testing of them when my long night drives to the snow start in the next few weeks. But I can highly recommend the Xray bars, great units.

Its a Warn hook stay i believe its called.. just ordered off amazon.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Thanks, found it. I had been looking at Stedi maybe I'll hold off.
I mean i guess for the price, Stedi are pretty good, though when i compare my xray to the stedi lights, the stedi lights dont come close at all in performance. Granted my Stedi lights are a lot smaller than the xray but even comparing my xray light to my friends full Stedi set ups. Still the xray light blows them away.

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
I use Aux 4 to permanently power the dash cam, I have it on a button for when i want to turn it off for whatever reason.

Then i use the constant 12v wire fromt he aux kit to power my cb radio (GME XRS370)

Then i use the SwitchPros 9100 to controll all my external lights which does a much better job with controlling lights plus keeps it legal in Australia to use with Highbeams and all. (I have set the top 4 buttons to all turn on with the high beams which is all the front facing lights)

Plus some other cool features of the 9100, bluetooth connection to control lights via your phone,you can dim all the lights by holding the buttons, set lights to flash and strobe if you want, etc... Its great... Much better than the factory aux switches in my opinion.

Hi Jaydee,

I am looking at getting the Warn Winch guard. I got a pair of 8 inch round lights where your light bar is.

Wondering if the Winch bar will clear the lights or not. Did you buy the Low Height one or the Mid Height option?

Also if you don't mind, can you please measure the height (gap) from the bull bar to the top of the Winch guard (in the middle section).

Thanks Heaps
Al

Sponsored

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Hi Jaydee,

I am looking at getting the Warn Winch guard. I got a pair of 8 inch round lights where your light bar is.

Wondering if the Winch bar will clear the lights or not. Did you buy the Low Height one or the Mid Height option?

Also if you don't mind, can you please measure the height (gap) from the bull bar to the top of the Winch guard (in the middle section).

Thanks Heaps
Al
i bought the low height one as that is all i needed and i think the mid height one might cause problems with the police.

here is a photo roughly showing how high it is. Dont think you'll fit 8" lights under it to nicely

2020-06-28 17.18.45.jpg

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
thank you! my lights are about 200mm/7.9 inch so they will not clear.

got to figure out alternatives.

OP
OP
Jayphil

Jayphil

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Occupation
RN
i bought the low height one as that is all i needed and i think the mid height one might cause problems with the police.

here is a photo roughly showing how high it is. Dont think you'll fit 8" lights under it to nicely

Jeep Wrangler JL Aux switch ideas for JL/JT 2020-06-28 17.18.45
I have this grille bar installed. Was thinking of installing a pair of 7" ironman 4x4 blast lights onto them. It has been suggested that I get a 20" light bar to sit rather then dual lights, but am undecided at the moment.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Looking through all your posts Jaydee. Where is you antenna mounted?
I mounted mine on the rhino rack pioneer platform. Allows me to get the most out of my 2.1db antenna.

Even with the antenna folded down (Which is most of the time) I still get pretty good reception on it haha.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aux switch ideas for JL/JT 2020-01-26 19.15.41

I have this grille bar installed. Was thinking of installing a pair of 7" ironman 4x4 blast lights onto them. It has been suggested that I get a 20" light bar to sit rather then dual lights, but am undecided at the moment.
I am a bit fan of light bars over round lights. I think they look better in my opinion, but every knows what they like =)

I was originally going to mount a light bar on top of the bar, but the stedi light bar i bought fits perfectly in the factory holes on the front bar (For mounting) so no extra holes had to be drilled or anything.

That said, I have 2 different sets of 2" clamps for mounting lights that I should probably sell now =)
Sponsored