Sponsored

Aux lighting for flat tow

Jpspaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
I am about to set up my JLU for flat towing behind my motorhome. I have everything except the lighting figured out. I have considered the Mopar wiring harness but recently found out about the Demco product from another thread. I am still looking for an option that doesn't have me connecting to the Jeep's wiring. I also am going to have a bike rack on the rear on occasion which might obscure the Jeep's taillights. I would like to run a wiring harness from my RV down the length of my Wrangler to the rear for the lights. I found these (pic) but they only come in white, not red. I would also install some additional side lighting to make the Jeep more visible at night (amber). If anyone has come up with their own aux lighting for flat towing I would love some suggestions. There are thousands of lighting products out there but I haven't yet found anything I can modify to work in this application.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aux lighting for flat tow 1611239025041
Sponsored

Nutmeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Build these before Hopkins came out with their plug and play. Bike rack with square tubing from Home depot on top with a set of trailer lights. All depends on your bike rake and fab ability.

Tow Tailights.jpg

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Tow mate makes great wireless units, very easy to install/use, but bring your wallet😏
Sponsored