Sponsored

Aux Battery.....Yep.

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JK Rubicon, '18 JL Rubicon, '21 JT Rubicon
Batteries are only a year per my dealer. I am ordering a Genesis dual gen 3 setup. Guess I might as well install my lift, tires, rims, etc now as well lol...
Awesome! We have plenty in stock for quick shipping! :like:
Sponsored

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Found out from MOPAR that if I go to the Genesis set up it WILL void my warranty.
Hi Robert:

I will certainly concede that life is often easiest when steps are not taken to risk being denied warranty service, and that pursuing that right in court, even if you ultimately end up victorious, is not for the faint of heart or those without a couple hundred thousand extra $ to spare (the latter being nearly all of us.)

But in most cases it isn't for the manufacturer/dealer to merely say, "this voids your warranty," but rather prove that improper repairs, improper maintenance or improper upgrades resulted in damage to a component that is subject to your warranty claim dispute.

To the dual battery JL, the Genesis system is seen no differently in terms of the vehicle tapping its batteries' power nor charging it. The biggest difference IMHO, and it is such an inconsequential point, is that the system won't allow you more than 6 engine start stop events per trip.

I think we can fit in a phone booth (remember those?) how many people would consider that a deal breaker on acquiring the kit.

This nuance is a consequence of the JL seeing identical voltages across what it thinks are the factory ESS and main batteries, rather than in actuality the Genesis system, and after 6 incidents of this in one trip, the vehicle computer assumes there is some electrical short that needs to be addressed and turns off ESS for the remainder of the trip.

I don't own the kit because my use case doesn't warrant it, nor do I profit from its purchase. That said, Shane has an excellently designed system with top grade components that provides the owner with more engine off power, and greater ability to control that power.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Just want to get clarification on this. What warranty would be voided? I have to assume they are talking about warranty on parts that are being replaced, which is like saying the warranty on your shocks is void if you do a lift kit with new shocks.

To be clear, the dealer won't void your entire vehicle warranty just for installing a dual battery kit. In 10 years of making our kits, we have not had a single report from a customer about any hassle with getting legit warranty work done just because our kit was installed.

Here's a clip from our 'Top 9 Questions' video about this topic -

The problem is, people are paranoid about their warranty across any forum when it comes to mods. In the end, if it was a real problem, then the top 10 posts would be things like this:

"I put 35's on my Jeep but the sun visor broke, they voided my warranty."
"I put a RV tow bar on my Jeep and it's leaking coolant because the bolts came loose on a coolant outlet, warranty denied!!!"
"I put an aftermarket rear cargo mat on my Jeep and the ESS battery dies, they voided my warranty."

Yet, these are not the top posts at all. On the other hand, it's that people just like to worry about things like this even though I would be willing to bet they never had a warranty denial because they did a mod to their Jeep. I suggest everyone go across various makes and models of cars and see how common this is.

I do admit, if you put a big turbo on your V6 Jeep and promptly blew the head gaskets, yes, that is not covered under warranty.

jdecosta

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
Is this (aux battery) a warranty item under 36k miles?

BTW I permanently disabled the Auto Start Stop BS with one of those modules called AutoStop Eliminator within the first week that I bought the Jeep.
We did the exact same thing. Cannot stand ESS

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
I replaced both OE batteries with two of the same size but from an aftermarket brand.

This was eighteen months ago: haven’t had any more issues. The ESS, the steering wheel and seat heaters, everything works like it should, even in subfreezing temps.

Some of the “remedies” out there are unnecessary.
What aftermarket brand batteries did you get?

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
O’Reillys Super Start. The auxiliary battery was $107; the main battery $199.

Sorry, I don’t recall the exact model numbers. I walked to the parts counter, gave them my vehicle model year, make, model and power train, they looked it up on their system, went to the back on brought out the two batteries.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is, people are paranoid about their warranty across any forum when it comes to mods.

I would be willing to bet they never had a warranty denial because they did a mod to their Jeep. I suggest everyone go across various makes and models of cars and see how common this is.
I have had the dealer deny warranty work; it wasn’t pretty.

They tried to latch on to the Mopar lift, the 35s and the factory steel bumpers to deny looking into a squeaking driver seat. After 20 minutes of back-and-forth, they wanted to know where I had bought the Jeep, who installed the lift, and even where I was born; none of which is relevant!

Another time and another Jeep, the same dealer tried to use the Mopar lift, which they had installed, to deny doing the steering box TSB.

Yes, my dealer is an asshole. But that’s who many of us on here have for a dealer.

I don’t have the time or the patience to get into a discussion about the Magnusson Act with an asshole. I paid a lot of money for this Jeep, it is under full warranty, and I expect Stellantis to honor the commitments it made when I purchased the vehicle.

So, given the current state of affairs, I’ll keep my mods down to minimum while the vehicle is under warranty, and I’ll find a dealer I can work with. End of story.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I have had the dealer deny warranty work; it wasn’t pretty.

They tried to latch on to the Mopar lift, the 35s and the factory steel bumpers to deny looking into a squeaking driver seat. After 20 minutes of back-and-forth, they wanted to know where I had bought the Jeep, who installed the lift, and even where I was born; none of which is relevant!

Another time and another Jeep, the same dealer tried to use the Mopar lift, which they had installed, to deny doing the steering box TSB.

Yes, my dealer is an asshole. But that’s who many of us on here have for a dealer.

I don’t have the time or the patience to get into a discussion about the Magnusson Act with an asshole. I paid a lot of money for this Jeep, it is under full warranty, and I expect Stellantis to honor the commitments it made when I purchased the vehicle.

So, given the current state of affairs, I’ll keep my mods down to minimum while the vehicle is under warranty, and I’ll find a dealer I can work with. End of story.
You have a unique experience. I am thinking you are embellishing the story a bit too.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You have a unique experience. I am thinking you are embellishing the story a bit too.
Sure whatever. I actually omitted the most unpleasant parts for brevity.

I think you are a bit in denial.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Sure whatever. I actually omitted the most unpleasant parts for brevity.

I think you are a bit in denial.
Due to the amount of modded Jeeps here and lack of threads on dealers rejecting warranty claims, seems that I’m not in denial, just looking at the trend and numbers.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Due to the amount of modded Jeeps here and lack of threads on dealers rejecting warranty claims, seems that I’m not in denial, just looking at the trend and numbers.
You don’t see the posts of dealers denying perfectly valid warranty work...?!?

You ARE in denial...!

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
You don’t see the posts of dealers denying perfectly valid warranty work...?!?

You ARE in denial...!
I see the posts but if it was as bad as what people think, I repeat, the top 10 threads would be just about that. As we know, people like to complain and run to forums to vent about it right away. I am not saying it doesn't happen, but it's not as much as we think it does.

Plus, we only hear one side of the story. I suggest everyone here go work in a shop and then you'll see that most of the time, the person who posts about the subject, is leaving something out. In addition to that, people do not know how the warranty system works.

AncientCityJL

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR and 2022 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
amateur tattoo artist and semi-professional race car driver
Batteries are only a year per my dealer. I am ordering a Genesis dual gen 3 setup. Guess I might as well install my lift, tires, rims, etc now as well lol...

That's what I did. I did everything my way and my dealer still works on my JL when he needs to. He has no issues with anything I've done. In fact, he parks my JL out front by the highway when he's done servicing it to bring in more business.

Now, having said that, I'll restate what Shane ( @ Genesis Offroad) said - The shocks, suspension parts, batteries and all I've replaced are my responsibility. But, I get that; I'm a big boy.

Just do what makes you happy dude, it's your Jeep. I say damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.
Sponsored