Sponsored

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
seems like the way they all should have been made. ;)
I'm going to be replacing both of my batteries soon and I am having a hard time finding an aftermarket higher quality Aux. Battery. Any suggestions?
Can you tell me what the part number is on your Aux battery, I am having trouble finding 3.0 specific battery specs.
Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i've never actually seen mine; haven't had the need yet.

my fav local dealers underground website says its:
BAAUA200AA
Mopar Bay Area Website listing

i believe it's a Group Size 401, and 20 seconds with Google says that Super Start and Die Hard (amongst others) make an AGM for it, but perhaps you could ask @calemasters for confirmation; looks like he's been in there on his.

I'm going to be replacing both of my batteries soon and I am having a hard time finding an aftermarket higher quality Aux. Battery. Any suggestions?
Can you tell me what the part number is on your Aux battery, I am having trouble finding 3.0 specific battery specs.

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS

BAAUA200AA

i believe it's a Group Size 401, and 20 seconds with Google says that Super Start and Die Hard (amongst others) make an AGM for it, but perhaps you could ask @calemasters for confirmation; looks like he's been in there on his.
Thanks, I did check out Diehard prior to posting and found an AGM, but didnt seem to be a fit for mine. The 3.0 seems to be very particular in this department, and I want to make sure I get it right. I do think I will go with an Odyssey Main battery....I wish they made an Aux battery as well. Seriously this stop/start nonsense truly makes me wax nostalgic for my old 4.0 Inline six, wind up windows, and one battery that last for years.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer

BAAUA200AA

For my 3.0 diesel, the Diehard AGM aux battery Grp size 14 (which I wanted) was too large. Diehard did not have a Grp size 12 AGM aux battery. Therefore, I installed a Duralast Platinum AGM battery (Grp size 12) with a 3 year warranty.

For the main battery, I installed Odyssey Performance 94R-850 AGM Grp Size 94 which fit perfectly. It's hard to find a better battery than Odyssey. The Enersys/Odyssey manufacturing plant is 1 mile from my home, so the choice was easy.

Sponsored

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
my turn to change batteries. i changed the main one today and dealership says i need to gm change auxiliary at same time. problem is, not very mechanically inclined and have zero interest in ripping off the fender flare (i wonā€™t be able to get it back onā€¦just how i am wired).

long story short dealership says $550 to replace auxiliary battery and then reprogram everything but i donā€™t read anyone programming anything after changing the auxiliary battery.

or am i missing something.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
my turn to change batteries. i changed the main one today and dealership says i need to gm change auxiliary at same time. problem is, not very mechanically inclined and have zero interest in ripping off the fender flare (i wonā€™t be able to get it back onā€¦just how i am wired).

long story short dealership says $550 to replace auxiliary battery and then reprogram everything but i donā€™t read anyone programming anything after changing the auxiliary battery.

or am i missing something.
Have a mechanically inclined buddy help you:) No reprogramming needed other then any radio settings, etc.

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AML Investigator
Have a mechanically inclined buddy help you:) No reprogramming needed other then any radio settings, etc.
i am going to try this tomorrow. i need an extension for a ratchet, and of course the battery.

no fender pull, going from the top.

ps: whoever designed this should be shot

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
i am going to try this tomorrow. i need an extension for a ratchet, and of course the battery.

I URGE you, DO NOT do it from the top ESPECIALLY if you're not mechanically inclined. It is VERY easy to bend a pin when putting the power distribution (fuse) box back together and then you'll really want to shoot someone:) This should help you with the fender route:

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR

Bypass the Aux battery.

Sponsored

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AML Investigator
I URGE you, DO NOT do it from the top ESPECIALLY if you're not mechanically inclined. It is VERY easy to bend a pin when putting the power distribution (fuse) box back together and then you'll really want to shoot someone:) This should help you with the fender route:

i am going to pull the fender when i get 10 clips in.

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AML Investigator
update on this. was all set to pull the fender but no clips. then i was going to go through the top but didnā€™t trust myself. saw on youtube someone took out 2 screws left fender on and peeled back liner. did that but really really tight and not knowing what i am doing, working upside down is t a great idea.

found a place to install it for $175 total. all over it.

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AML Investigator
Donā€™t do it. The fender route is a lot safer and a lot easier.

not doing it myself at all. wonder why it wasnā€™t placed under the main batteryā€¦.
Sponsored