Sponsored

Aux Battery Replaced, Now It Failed Inspection.

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
I’m having this issue now. O2 sensor says not ready. I have driven hundreds of miles since the new batteries.

Ideas?
Hundreds of miles? All in one long drive? Or…Also do you have codes? Or it is reporting ‘not ready’? Not ready just means it hasnt passed it’s tests yet. Codes are different.
For not ready you will need to mix it up. Lots of complete drive cycles, meaning long enough to get up to operating temp around town, shut down, cool off completely. Repeat and throw in a couple of highway jaunts for good measure. It needs to pass all of it’s tests before it will be ‘ready’.
Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Hundreds of miles? All in one long drive? Or…
You will need to mix it up. Lots of complete drive cycles, meaning long enough to get up to operating temp around town, shut down, cool off completely. Repeat and throw in a couple of highway jaunts for good measure. It needs to pass all of it’s tests before it will be ‘ready’.
Multiple trips. Many start/ stops. Just odd it started right after I replaced my batteries, got code p4056, cleared code and ever since apparently the Jeep has not been been doing it’s self system checks. The indicator being the check engine light flashes for 10 seconds and stays on. While in the run position. Which means it’s not checking the systems.

Hoping it’s software. Have not had an update since it was bought. There have been a few including one about ess/ aux starting issues. And multiple people having issues with p4056 after replacing batteries.

aville65

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bug, 09 Jetta, 24 Tiguan R-Line, 21 JL Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I was stationed in Florida, so I get where you're coming from as it concerns annual vehicle inspections. ;)

Back home here in PA, we do have an annual State safety and emission inspection requirement (the latter having a phased introduction beginning in 2003).

Coincidentally, I was at the Honda dealer this morning, having Offspring's vehicle inspected.

This might be worth a chuckle:
In PA, if a vehicle is driven less than 5K miles annually (as measured at no less than 365 days since the prior year's inspection date), that makes it eligible for an emissions inspection exemption. Offspring's vehicle qualifies here, so I expected to pay just $8.00, for the compulsory "Exempt" window sticker, in lieu of ~$49.95 for the standard emissions inspection.

No, I got dinged for $30.00: $10.00 for the sticker, and $20.00 for the service tech to log on to PENNDOT's website and type the word "Exempt" in the vehicle (VIN) record.

I $hit you not.

There but for the nonsense of bureaucracy go We.
You should not have been charged for the sticker, PenDot does not charge for emission stickers, only safety stickers. That being said, $20.00 for the actual exemption is not an overcharge. The tech still needs to document the vehicle for PenDot on their website with their dedicated software, fill out the required paperwork and hang the new sticker.

Usually 20-30 minute turn around, vehicle in and out of shop. When I closed and retired last year my labor rate was $78 p/hr. On paper I would lose money on any exemption. Just like LOF’s we could never charge our actual hourly rate as there was the competition from corporates like Jiffy Lube and Wally Mart.

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
Multiple trips. Many start/ stops. Just odd it started right after I replaced my batteries, got code p4056, cleared code and ever since apparently the Jeep has not been been doing it’s self system checks. The indicator being the check engine light flashes for 10 seconds and stays on. While in the run position. Which means it’s not checking the systems.

Hoping it’s software. Have not had an update since it was bought. There have been a few including one about ess/ aux starting issues. And multiple people having issues with p4056 after replacing batteries.
Cant remember what p4056 is but it could be a hard code that clearing wont help and the system may be looking for that to be rectified and then reset again before resuming/completing it‘s tests. Or it's just seeing a condition right away and stopping the tests. In my experience clearing codes without diagnosing them and figuring them out never fixes the issue. The issue is usually still there waiting. Just a guess though.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Cant remember what p4056 is but it could be a hard code that clearing wont help and the system may be looking for that to be rectified and then reset again before resuming/completing it‘s tests. Or it's just seeing a condition right away and stopping the tests. In my experience clearing codes without diagnosing them and figuring them out never fixes the issue. The issue is usually still there waiting. Just a guess though.
Perhaps. No check engine light or code has ever come on again though. So not sure.
Sponsored