Sponsored

Aux and Main Batteries Dead

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Sounds reasonable however for me that would be above my pay grade i am afraid. Additionally i paid up front for extended warranty as well as service policy and that kind of project would scream out to the dealer on future claims. Good luck to you but for me i will have to live with it until it reached a point I trade or sell the vehicle.
Sponsored

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Interesting they had it sitting around so long. Kind of surprising as the flooring costs to keep inventory sitting usually gets pretty high so they really discount units to move them along. I'm betting they won't know anything about what was done to your Jeep last year especially if the dealership has changed hands.
This is my first adventure with a dual battery set up and so far I am not impressed. This is Chrysler-Fiats way of meeting gas and emissions mandates compliments of the politicians and federal mandates. Personally I think it's BS..
This is my 4 th Jeep and i have always liked them and this one was no exception. Traded a great JK in for the newest and greatest (JL) but I'm getting to old to put up with the nonsense of this newest and greatest Jeep. Don't know if it's just gotten to fancy with all the gadgets and electronics which are causing issues or what.
This will be the last one.

tablerock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017Viper,2012Ram,3Corvettes,2 Street Rods,2019 2Door Wrangler
I am in total agreement with TEXGOAT !!!! However, I don't want to void the factory warranty. What a urine poor designed system!!!!

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Posted on another blog but just went through the twin dead battery issue with my 2 year old JLU. Car sat for about 6 days leading up to the failure but that should not be enough to kill both batteries. Took quite a bit of power to get it started but tow truck was able to finally get it to turn over. Towed to dealer . No issues with alternator , no drain. Dealer said perhaps the proximity feature (makes no sense to me as i believe it doesn't do anything until it receives a signal that the key fob is close in proximity. There thought it is "working" all the time and draining the battery.
Also said that when one battery goes the other will drain out as well. Both batteries replaced under warranty this time but I'm guessing next time will be on me ( about $ 300. plus for both batteries) assuming i am going to be replacing them every two years. between the cracked windshields and the dead batteries the yearly costs to run this vehicle are climbing. Not to mention the plain pain in the a-- to have to be towing it back to the dealer every few months. And like all the newer computer driven vehicles when the power ie battery goes you will get all kinds of electronic glitches . Have had that on other vehicles as well. And that includes the key fob battery for some reason. Seems that the computer doesn't like it when it doesn't get it's allotted power. Weird codes thrown, wipers start slowly and stop on their own , lights flash quickly in the vehicle. Crazy stuff but all goes away when it gets it's fresh power source..
Although I know this is not new technology but my money is on the auto start function being part of the problem. I may have to get used to disabling it every time i start the car as well as placing it on a smart charger every time it's not driven for more than a day or so.
In my humble opinion should n't be happening on a $56K vehicle, or any vehicle for that matter..
Same exact thing happened to mine. Towed to the dealer and had both batteries replaced as well. If this happens again, I'm going to see about getting a different brand of battery. Maybe they'll last longer?
Sponsored