ekoii

First Name
Emmitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh all this positive feedback is making my decision harder. Holding out for someone to chime in who hates it!
Just to throw in one more positive report......no issues with squeaking and I've used mine constantly (opening and closing almost daily) for nearly two years. Like a sunroof, I check the tracks when I'm detailing to make sure they remain free of any leaves or junk. Other than that, nothing else has been required to keep it working smoothly.
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Squeak! Anyone have any experience with squeaking? Is there a known fix for the potential 2 causes of the squeaking? Some of the old post horror stories scaring me away from this option.
Mine is as quiet as a church mouse. Every 6 months or so I hit the rails with a dry lube spray

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
As expected seeing only positive feedback which is great. I'm just trying to determine if Jeep has found a solution for the rare case of cars that do have the squeak.

Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Just checked one out at the dealer. I'm sold. Anyone protect the top with a spray or waterproofing? Also any issues with a ton of snow piling on?

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I sure wish this was offered for the 2 door, the removeable side windows alone make the hard top so much more 4 Season
Very true. I'm guessing the small space just doesn't warrant it, though.

MrBell

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for JL
The Sky One Touch has been the highlight of my ownership. I especially like it on cold/sunny winter days here in the Pacific Northwest. Exploring mountain roads in the Olympics with the top open and the heat cranked is great fun. And if it starts raining suddenly the top is up in seconds. Not for everyone but I think its a great feature.

ekoii

First Name
Emmitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Thanks for all the help! Haven't seen any recent sky squeak forums, hoping it's an early build issue only. The price seems a big crazy at first, but when you compare to a dual top + body color hard top + premium audio it's not bad at all.

Sponsored

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Thanks for all the help! Haven't seen any recent sky squeak forums, hoping it's an early build issue only. The price seems a big crazy at first, but when you compare to a dual top + body color hard top + premium audio it's not bad at all.
Oh - I thought you meant on the track squeaking as it opened/closed. Now, Iā€˜m recalling some early complaints about the handles on the removable side windows chirping and squeaking - something about the handle clasps rubbing with the other surface. I havenā€™t seen any of those reports lately, and mine hasnā€™t been an issue for me to date In that area.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Just checked one out at the dealer. I'm sold. Anyone protect the top with a spray or waterproofing? Also any issues with a ton of snow piling on?
One of the forum members recommended ā€œBest Top Twill Protectantā€. I buy it on Amazon. You just pour it on, lightly rub it in and you get a beautiful bead of water on your top when itā€™s wet. It looks like thereā€™s ice on your roof in the summertime when wet. I put it on in April and October and it lasts all year.
As far as snow, my Jeepā€™s garage kept but Iā€™ve read other forum members with Sky One say thereā€™s no problem.

B08FAF1A-76CF-4490-827A-C0D831B6E26D.jpeg

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
I have Method MR306 wheels and Nitto Ridge Grappler 35" tires. Std. Wrangler suspension.
Where did you get the red leather seats? Looks very sharp.
Sponsored