Sponsored

automatic car wash wax

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Will the wax options on the touchless car washes be ok on the plastic parts if I'm gonna be putting 303 spray on them in the future? I bought some recently but I havnt had the time to use it yet.
Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Will the wax options on the touchless car washes be ok on the plastic parts if I'm gonna be putting 303 spray on them in the future? I bought some recently but I havnt had the time to use it yet.
No. Unless it's painted otherwise it will fade the black plastic.

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
It is not possible to answer your question accurately as there is no "standard" for auto car wash wax. Each car wash operator is free to choose the wax they wish to use. This will often be the cheapest product currently available to them and it will likely change over time.

Sponsored

CZ 75

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
It won't do anything. Any cheapo "wax" that an automatic car wash shoots onto your vehicle is nothing compared to a real wax and sealant.

Doing a proper wax takes hours of your time and lots of elbowgrease or a few hundred bucks at a reputable detailer. Clay bar, polish, wax etc.

303 is great on plastic and vinyl. I use it all the time.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Why would touchless wax fade the black?
It's not that it fades the black as much as it dulls the black. We ran our liberty thru the touchless car wash all the time and the wax would dull the finish over time and make it look faded. Mother's Back To Black worked to restore the finish. Peanut oil works well in a pinch, it's an old standby to get rid of wax residue.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
It's not that it fades the black as much as it dulls the black. We ran our liberty thru the touchless car wash all the time and the wax would dull the finish over time and make it look faded. Mother's Back To Black worked to restore the finish. Peanut oil works well in a pinch, it's an old standby to get rid of wax residue.
Cool. What's special about peanut oil?

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Can I substitute olive oil? I have a peanut allergy...

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I use the car wash too but I just avoid the wax option. It dries out the plastic and causes the fading.

Sponsored

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If your plastics are treated with vinylex or 303 BEFORE you enter the carwash, you will suffer no ill effects. If the plastic is naked and untreated, those chemicals dry and fade the plastics.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Can I substitute olive oil? I have a peanut allergy...
I think peanut oil is so highly refined that the protein people are allergic to no longer exists in the final product so people with peanut allergies can still use peanut oil.
Sponsored