Auto Ventshade 436148 Aeroskin II Textured Black Flush Mount Hood Protector

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Honda Passport, '18 Crosstrek, '16 Cherokee
Here's a couple pics of the Auto Ventshade Aeroskin II I installed yesterday.
They have a few different models, and it seems like every place I shopped for them had a different pic for a same Part #.
I had ordered my first one by picture (which was wrong) and not by the part # 436148 which is this one.
Attaches with double sided 3M stuff. Before beginning to remove the red tape backing, I thought about making a couple reference lines with a pencil so it would line up once it's sticky...but I didn't and it's off the driver's side by about 1/8". No biggie, but if I were to do it again, I'd hold it down against the hood and make a few pencil marks first.
Mine was bowed up on the ends just a fuzz which is perfect for installing. (it's probably designed like that) I removed as little tape backing as possible right at the center and bent the ends of the red plastic backing out so once laid on the hood in the right spot, you pull away the backing from the center out. (there are small pieces of tape in the ends which I removed before placing it on the hood, and since it was bowed up just a little, it kept the tape off the hood till the end.)

whole.jpg

frl.jpg

fr.jpg

DrSeat.jpg

szref.jpg
Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I have one of these - very nice, though installation can be tricky. Give yourself plenty of time, and try to do it in temperate weather; the adhesive tape on mine was really tough to get off when it was cold.

OP
OP
cohocarl

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I fired up the furnace in my barn to around 60 for a few hours before I put mine on. (took off my splash shields, spare tire carrier, checked the tire pressures and re-torqued my wheels while it was warm out there.)

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU ,2019 Cherokee Limited
Look's good! I ordered one today hoping it helps keep the rocks off the hood a little. Love the TT wheels!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@MKC JL

I kinda like the look of it! Had similar though years ago and vowed then... never again.

Well, it will keep chips off of the paint under it.... that's about it.... but that's one positive thing.

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@MKC JL

I kinda like the look of it! Had similar though years ago and vowed then... never again.

Well, it will keep chips off of the paint under it.... that's about it.... but that's one positive thing.
Had something similar on another Jeep & it helped keep stuff off the windshield somewhat which is more important up here. At least it looks good!

OP
OP
cohocarl

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look's good! I ordered one today hoping it helps keep the rocks off the hood a little. Love the TT wheels!
Ya, it fits well, color & texture matches, is plenty thick, doesn't look too bad, and if it does keep a few chips off the front of the hood, all the better. I don't think it will be a lot of protection for rocks on the windshield, but better than nothing.

Thanks, I've always loved Torq Thrust's, so I thought w.t.f. Call me a rebel I guess.:flag:

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya, it fits well, color & texture matches, is plenty thick, doesn't look too bad, and if it does keep a few chips off the front of the hood, all the better. I don't think it will be a lot of protection for rocks on the windshield, but better than nothing.

Thanks, I've always loved Torq Thrust's, so I thought w.t.f. Call me a rebel I guess.:flag:
I'm an old car guy & played with rods for 30 years. The TT was always my wheel of choice they are timeless!!

Sponsored

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Here's a couple pics of the Auto Ventshade Aeroskin II I installed yesterday.
They have a few different models, and it seems like every place I shopped for them had a different pic for a same Part #.
I had ordered my first one by picture (which was wrong) and not by the part # 436148 which is this one.
Attaches with double sided 3M stuff. Before beginning to remove the red tape backing, I thought about making a couple reference lines with a pencil so it would line up once it's sticky...but I didn't and it's off the driver's side by about 1/8". No biggie, but if I were to do it again, I'd hold it down against the hood and make a few pencil marks first.
Mine was bowed up on the ends just a fuzz which is perfect for installing. (it's probably designed like that) I removed as little tape backing as possible right at the center and bent the ends of the red plastic backing out so once laid on the hood in the right spot, you pull away the backing from the center out. (there are small pieces of tape in the ends which I removed before placing it on the hood, and since it was bowed up just a little, it kept the tape off the hood till the end.)

whole.jpg

frl.jpg

fr.jpg

DrSeat.jpg

szref.jpg
I’ve had one on since September, I like the look and it does protect a far amount

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine got here and yesterday we had 8" of snow. Today sunny & in the 50's so went out & put it on. Very happy with the way it fit & looks!

OP
OP
cohocarl

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...yesterday we had 8" of snow. Today sunny & in the 50's ...
Sounds a lot like typical Michigan weather.:headbang:

Very happy with the way it fit & looks!
Yea, I have to agree. And the $90 wouldn't have gone too far towards hookers & blow anyways.;)

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LMAO! Sounds like some of my other Forums!!
Sponsored