Mari_Soula

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 4 door Soft top
Hey everyone!

So I've had my JL since March. Never had a problem with the start/stop. But now I'll be at a light and the car will auto stop but then without me doing anything it'll start the car again and flash the red battery light. I took it to the dealer and they said nothing was wrong and that the battery is fine and to make sure that I have 1/4 tank of gas for it to work, that I don't move the steering wheel, and that I don't stop at a decline. This was pretty frustrating because I've not had a problem the entire time I've owned it and it very clearly did the thing again all day yesterday after I left the dealer.

The only thing I can think of that has changed is that now it is winter and so I'm remote starting the car for 2-5 minutes every morning with no issues. But could that be draining the aux battery and not having enough time to recharge during the drive? It doesn't happen every time it autostops but its like 85% of the time now.
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Aux battery has nothing to do with remote start, I would suggest you get the batteries load tested, lots here have had battery issues but it could be other things as well.