Sponsored

Auto stop start (ESS) permanent disable / defeat by unplugging hood sensor

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I think you have a lot of nerve implying anyone here is dishonest. Your virtue-signaling is the only dishonest post here. You drive a Jeep; if you're that concerned about the planet then you should be pedaling or walking. Liar, ENOUGH SAID.
I guess your the one person who has no idea why he dislikes the ESS and no I didnt call anyone a LIAR
I ask for the truth if that bothers you I guess your the 1.
So dont get BUTT hurt its all good here. Enjoy your Jeep I will.
Merry Christmas to you.
Sponsored

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XXXXXX 2020 JL Rubicon 3.6
Question can someone be honest and say why they DONT like the ESS system. It sounds like that most complaints is the starter which is FALSE.
I don’t mind the ESS, but after hearing from you I’m going with the Tazer ESS defeat and a full DEF delete. Impeach that Tesla.

Reactions: GtX

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Question can someone be honest and say why they DONT like the ESS system. It sounds like that most complaints is the starter which is FALSE.
I sure can, I don’t believe it will wear out the starter or put undue stress on any component but here in Houston it stays pretty warm and balmy with high humidity and to pull up to a stop and have the A/C shut down while sitting at a light, I know ESS is supposed to keep the Jeep running if heating or cooling but it seems for at least me it always shuts down.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Because the Jeep is my property and I want ESS disabled. Full Stop. No other reason is needed.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Wow, a lot of Vapor and Angst over a simple button. How hard is it to just push for "Off" ?
Push for "On" ? I do that reflexively now, no Tazer or Temper Tantrum for actually controlling how the vehicle functions...but then, roll up windows, key operated door locks aren't an issue either...

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, a lot of Vapor and Angst over a simple button. How hard is it to just push for "Off" ?
Push for "On" ? I do that reflexively now, no Tazer or Temper Tantrum for actually controlling how the vehicle functions...but then, roll up windows, key operated door locks aren't an issue either...
Not about the button.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I don’t mind the ESS, but after hearing from you I’m going with the Tazer ESS defeat and a full DEF delete. Impeach that Tesla.
It's all good and fun, I love my Tesla and ordered the Truck and my Rubicon so again
Taser away your Jeep do what you want.
Jail Guiliani and Frump
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Question, why do people dislike the ESS? ... ..., if it saves 1 gallon of gas a year just maybe our kids kids will have an Earth to live on.
I don't like it because there's a delay when starting. I know they say it's supposed to be seamless, and there isn't supposed to be a delay, but to me it feels like there's just a slight delay. And really, there probably is. Normally you take you foot of the brake and you start to idle forward, but with ESS there's a fraction of a second delay while it needs to restart.
Am I in that big of a hurry where the fraction of a second matters? No, but I just don't like the feel of it. And as someone else had mentioned, I've had old cars that wouldn't restart if they died, so yeah, it's a little psychological too. If my vehicle is running, I want it to keep running.

...I believe in the law of conservation of matter: ....
Science backs this opinion.

IndyS3

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I just got my vehicle back from the dealership for a warranty repair and they updated the ECM. New update causes a hood open warning code with the latch. Disconnected. No longer a viable option for me.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I just got my vehicle back from the dealership for a warranty repair and they updated the ECM. New update causes a hood open warning code with the latch. Disconnected. No longer a viable option for me.
Disconnecting the plunger, long ago was deemed a lame lame way to try to defeat ESS.

EVIC notices, Remote Start no longer works and more, make this approach lame.

IF you want to buy a proven, easy to install adjunct to deal with ESS (in essence do the ESS button push for you) buy a @SmartStopStart unit. This offering can be had for $100.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-should-have-been-designed.13946/post-2108289

Avoid the knock off product called Auto Stop Start Eliminator as it has been know to drop the ball on occasion.... intermittently not do it's job. For the same price buy the SmartStopStart offering that never hiccups..
Sponsored