Sponsored

Auto stop start (ESS) permanent disable / defeat by unplugging hood sensor

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
Disconnected the battery monitor, problem solved. Since the warning lite is above the fuel level, don’t even notice it. Wall-la!
Sponsored

jspagat

First Name
Heffe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJU
I'd drive one day less a week to get rid of ESS.

moparmaga

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport
Did a trailer tow test today. I wired in the aftermarket Mopar 7 pin trailer lights, but they were not factory installed on my Jeep. My boat trailer is 7 pin round. The Auto Start Stop "feature" still activated at every red light, even with the trailer plugged in.

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Disconnected the battery monitor, problem solved. Since the warning lite is above the fuel level, don’t even notice it. Wall-la!
Did the same thing today. That indicator will be invisible within days.....

Sponsored

Ike582

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
If you are asking seriously, "voila" is a French word meaning "there it is" or "here it is", but pronounced "vwalla." I often see Americans incorrectly writing the word as "walla".

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
If you are asking seriously, "voila" is a French word meaning "there it is" or "here it is", but pronounced "vwalla." I often see Americans incorrectly writing the word as "walla".
Guess we have an “English major” on our forum! :)

Sponsored

morricus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC Yukon XL, 2006 BMW M3
I did this today while doing my first oil change, and it threw a code. P0073, Ambient Air Temp Sensor Sensor High. I reconnected the hood sensor, but code and check engine light remained. Cleared code and it seems to be fine now. Don't know it is an unrelated coincidence, but I guess I'll be dealing with the stupid ESS for the time being.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I did this today while doing my first oil change, and it threw a code. P0073, Ambient Air Temp Sensor Sensor High. I reconnected the hood sensor, but code and check engine light remained. Cleared code and it seems to be fine now. Don't know it is an unrelated coincidence, but I guess I'll be dealing with the stupid ESS for the time being.
Unrelated - your ambient air temperature is tucked behind your front grill and isn’t tied into a hood switch, you most likely have a bad switch or it has somehow come in contact with the radiator.
Sponsored