Auto stop start (ESS) permanent disable / defeat by unplugging hood sensor

smithrd65

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I don’t mind the ESS, but after hearing from you I’m going with the Tazer ESS defeat and a full DEF delete. Impeach that Tesla.
It's all good and fun, I love my Tesla and ordered the Truck and my Rubicon so again
Taser away your Jeep do what you want.
Jail Guiliani and Frump
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gone but not forgotten '18 Wrangler Sahara
Question, why do people dislike the ESS? ... ..., if it saves 1 gallon of gas a year just maybe our kids kids will have an Earth to live on.
I don't like it because there's a delay when starting. I know they say it's supposed to be seamless, and there isn't supposed to be a delay, but to me it feels like there's just a slight delay. And really, there probably is. Normally you take you foot of the brake and you start to idle forward, but with ESS there's a fraction of a second delay while it needs to restart.
Am I in that big of a hurry where the fraction of a second matters? No, but I just don't like the feel of it. And as someone else had mentioned, I've had old cars that wouldn't restart if they died, so yeah, it's a little psychological too. If my vehicle is running, I want it to keep running.

...I believe in the law of conservation of matter: ....
Science backs this opinion.

Advertisement

Next Venture Motorsports

Advertisement