Auto start/stop rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I am glad you simply press the button on not complain. It could be a lot worse: you could pay triple for gasoline to account for the cost of getting rid of the harm combusting it causes.

ESS frustration though, if you have it, is best directed at the EPA, which through CAFE standards essentially force such things on the manufacturers to meet fleet MPG thresholds or face extremely stiff fines that would be passed on in large part to vehicle owners like you and me.

And if you want to get frustrated at the EPA, do realize that they are taking this every tightening gradual but certain belt ratcheting position on MPGs to incentivize an electric vehicle future to combat global warming, because it is believed the freedoms we lose are more than offset by the survival we will hopefully achieve as a species by getting off a CO2 fuel creating standard.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Mr. Dalton:

It seems like you've decided to take @TEXGOAT's play and respond to posts in ways that deliberately make it complicated to know what you mean. Your ideas can't be civilly challenged if you don't make it clear what you're talking about.

I guess to open your mouth risks my shooting down your ideas as nonsense as has happened several times on this thread.

First you threatened to pollute the air with your Dodge Diesel pickup just for kicks to piss me off, too stupid to appreciate that its you paying for the gas.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/auto-start-stop-rant.58571/page-5#post-1263809

Then you went the other way and said that this truck gets better gas mileage than my Wrangler, especially the way you highway drove it.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/auto-start-stop-rant.58571/page-6#post-1264212

Good reply sport. Is contradicting yourself your strategy?

Then you reasoned that fighting global warming, which you think is nonsense, is stupid because (wait for it) volcano emissions we can't control exceed the CO2 that man produces.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/auto-start-stop-rant.58571/post-1264176

Sport, scientists would argue that if what you say is true, it's all the more reason that mankind needs to get a handle on what it can control in the way of CO2 output, if volcanos it can't.

Then you called me an narcissist for having too much faith in mankind. Brilliant: the most perfect contradiction in terms. Narcissism is self love out of control, not too much love of your fellow human --hint, some call the latter religion.

Maybe you're trying to say that mankind is too selfish to address global warming. That's why the same freedom robbing policy, domestic and international needs to exist, to force people because your beloved freedom won't mean a thing if we've killed ourselves off as a race.

Survival (of the race) trumps minor losses in freedom which are not yours and mine to take if you piss on others in the process, without comensurate compensation.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/auto-start-stop-rant.58571/page-6#post-1264212

Then you piss on my hometown.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/auto-start-stop-rant.58571/page-7#post-1265921

Does it have it's problems? Gee, does yours and everyone's?. Are you locale's problems exclusively your fault or doing? And how is that relevant? If San Francisco evolved into everything you'd hope it be, how would that address global warming for the better? Did I piss on where you call home? Of course not, I have too much respect for its other residents.

Then I was called a hypocrite because I drive a Wrangler. Before COVID it went to remote places for work where good was done. Comparable vehicles that would have met my needs would have consumed no less gas. Sorry, no time machine to buy Musk's electric pickup truck right now. Since COVID: 1/4 tank of gas.

Then here you accuse me of antagonizing people, you having done the above. I've been considerate of everyone here who hasn't acted like a troll (you and @TEXGOAT.)

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/auto-start-stop-rant.58571/page-9#post-1266392

Sorry Mr. Dalton if the realities of Global Warming get under your skin. I didn't create it. Transition to electric vehicles won't be easy for me either.

And despite all this you keep on coming back for more--perhaps the stupidest of all things IMHO you've done on this thread.

~~~~~~~~~~

So let's get back to my post immediately above. You're free to find it funny.

But exactly which part(s) do you take humor with?

* The idea that tripling the price of gasoline to pay for the pollution it costs, with "rip off the band aid speed" will devastate our economy were it on its best footing, let alone during COVID?

* The idea that Global Warming is real or that man should at least try to do something about it?

* The truth that fingers can't be pointed at the auto manufacturing sector for ESS, doing nothing more than trying avoid EPA penalties (penalties you and I would have to pay for in part in higher purchase prices) by using non-latching ESS tech as an interim step until electric vehicles can become the norm?

* My accurate reporting of what the EPA is doing and why, if not perfectly then at least with good intentions to, with controlled steps, phase out ICE vehicles where possible?

Howard crusoe

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jo rubicon
I bought my 2020 JLUR back in May and I have absolutely loved the vehicle. Have taken it wheeling quite a bit in Colorado and made a trip out to Moab as well. My only major complaint is the auto start/stop, which works terribly....
  • when I pull into my garage, the vehicle shuts off when I come to a stop, then starts again when I shift into Park..... Why?
  • just about any time in traffic it shuts off just before I need to go again, so ends up being shut off for like a couple seconds
  • when waiting to make a left turn (not at a light), It stalls me long enough that a gap I could've squeezed through might close up
Not only that, but having owned old vehicles that would die at traffic lights, it STILL freaks me out when the vehicle shuts off. It's just an all-around annoying behavior that only serves to wear down parts, I doubt it makes hardly any impact on gas mileage. It seems to be optimized for sitting in heavy traffic, which I rarely ever do.

When I turn off park sense (for towing), the vehicle remembers and next time I start the vehicle it stays off. Why can't start/stop preference be persisted as well? Really think I shouldn't have to spend $300 on a tazer mini to eliminate start/stop.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk
Mine done this when I stop to park. With my foot on the brake, I put it in park put the hand brake on then take my foot off the brake peddle, this stopped it restarting for me. You are right it is a dam intrusion. What I find my self doing in traffic, Is to continually creep forward to keep the engine running it makes me feels uncomfortable when you gauge a gap in the traffic to pull out in, but you know the engine isn’t running at the time.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
@Gee-pah so do we have to go to fully no ICE vehicles to “save the planet”. Gas powered cars can’t be the only thing causing this imminent global warming? Why do people have to be all or nothing or the world will end. I vote for better emissions sure. Better MPG sure but again why completely change the way the auto has been since it’s inception and only blame global warming on cars. How about birth control? Less people would sure cure some of the issue. How about factories, manufacturing plants. How about semi’s and rail? How about each of these get a little better to make a collective “change”. Not that I don’t think your points are valid, I get tired of the “all or nothing” doomsday’s rhetoric that “usually” the far left wants us to believe. You do honestly sound a bit like you have been drinking the kool aid of your governor. Hell he thinks CA wildfires are all the result of global warming, never mind the actual pictures of the folks on video of starting the fires and the DOCUMENTED lighting strikes that has caused them. He also thinks that soda is single handedly the cause for childhood obesity completely disregarding the of someone actually being a PARENT and controlling what your kid consumes. By the way on the later I’ve been in the soda industry my entire life; one son is 6’9” 190 lbs and the other is 6’ 4” 170 lbs all with a refrigerator full of that horrible soda their entire young lives. It is time to take back America, stop with all the taxing and regulations and actual be Americans and more important be parents. Sorry I forgot no one wants to talk about the root cause of anything, they only want to put a band aid on the problem with taxes and regulations. Rant over.

I already said I bought the Tazer for the JL. Bought auto start/stop OBD devise for the wife’s Grand Cherokee and the “eliminator” for the Subaru. All worth the price so I don’t have to push the stupid button. Then again I guess I am just classified by the purists as “lazy”. Time for a nap this was a lot of typing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.