Sponsored

Auto Start/Stop in Florida is the worst...

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
And you still don’t understand. It’s unbelievable, the F in “75F” must stand for Florida Hot. Florida isn’t even close to the top of the list of hottest recorded temperatures in the US. In fact, it’s near the bottom. It’s only ever considered “the hottest state” because it is consistently warm throughout the year. It’s peak temperatures are pathetic.
Well...I mean... Florida can be hot and muggy during the summer. But it was just as hot when I lived in the Caribbean...with no trade winds during the summer. It’d be so icky that you didn’t even swim in the water b/c it was too warm. And I’ve been in Florida when it was 30-40 deg and rainy. (Not a fun trip to disney) and they do get snow in parts. Not always or often. But it’s not always super warm there. Just saying...:giggle:
Sponsored

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
And you still don’t understand. It’s unbelievable, the F in “75F” must stand for Florida Hot. Florida isn’t even close to the top of the list of hottest recorded temperatures in the US. In fact, it’s near the bottom. It’s only ever considered “the hottest state” because it is consistently warm throughout the year. It’s peak temperatures are pathetic.
Who said 75 was hot? Who said FL was the hottest or near hottest state?

You still dont understand science or FL heat. OP stated that having hot air blowing in your face in FL summer is not fun. You say take the top off because 85 degree weather is beautiful. Maybe in SC or Virginia. Not in FL summer.

As @TimmH pointed out, its not cool air moving heat away from you. Its just hot air suffocating you. Much like a convection oven (if you need the science behind that too, please Google it).

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Well...I mean... Florida can be hot and muggy during the summer. But it was just as hot when I lived in the Caribbean...with no trade winds during the summer. It’d be so icky that you didn’t even swim in the water b/c it was too warm. And I’ve been in Florida when it was 30-40 deg and rainy. (Not a fun trip to disney) and they do get snow in parts. Not always or often. But it’s not always super warm there. Just saying...:giggle:
Yea, that would make sense as the islands are even closer to the equator than FL. Which points to the fact that living around water doesnt do much in terms of the hot air around you. Just keeps you from melting into the ground.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You say take the top off because 85 degree weather is beautiful. Maybe in SC or Virginia. Not in FL summer.
You are literally arguing that 85 degrees is different in Florida. This is ridiculous.

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
You are literally arguing that 85 degrees is different in Florida. This is ridiculous.
The real reason why I wouldn't take the top off in summer is the rain. The heat and sun are bad, but as long as you aren't heading out to a nice dinner or somewhere where the sweating would be a problem when you arrive, it's something I can overcome.

But the rain is another thing, it can pop up out of nowhere, it can pour rain on you, but not the car next to you, it can blow sideways, upways, every which way.

I am looking at the Trex top, but I would have to keep the rear window panes with me just in case.

I came across a guy that had a bikini top on his JK, and roll down plastic panels on the sides, I asked him about them. Turned out he worked at a canvas shop and made them himself, they were like the roll down plastic protectors you see on restaurant patios, was really a cool idea.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Who said 75 was hot? Who said FL was the hottest or near hottest state?

You still dont understand science or FL heat. OP stated that having hot air blowing in your face in FL summer is not fun. You say take the top off because 85 degree weather is beautiful. Maybe in SC or Virginia. Not in FL summer.

As @TimmH pointed out, its not cool air moving heat away from you. Its just hot air suffocating you. Much like a convection oven (if you need the science behind that too, please Google it).
If my convection oven blew 85 degree heat....I would throw it away as defective....unless it was big enough to get inside of..... in that case I would crawl inside it to cool off.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations guys, this is the first thread in these thousands of rooms to give me a headache

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Never thought I'd see anyone disagreeing florida isnt hot and HUMID. lol I'll take my AZ 110+ temps over florida's 85 with humidity.

Back on topic---ESS SUCKS! ;)

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
I really hate the auto start/stop feature!!!! They should have never put it in any vehicle!!!!!

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Never thought I'd see anyone disagreeing florida isnt hot and HUMID. lol I'll take my AZ 110+ temps over florida's 85 with humidity.

Back on topic---ESS SUCKS! ;)
After living in 29 Palms, CA for four years, I would much rather have been living in Florida.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
After living in 29 Palms, CA for four years, I would much rather have been living in Florida.
goes to show you everyone is different. I just hate the always wet and stinky feeling of extreme humidity. Take a shower dry off, go outside and get wet and stay wet. I grew up in jersey and our worst days were similar to FL. yuk

In AZ it's hot as hell and you do risk catching on fire but there are pools everywhere to put yourself out. lol The pool temps are hotter then florida heat and with the same level of humidity so if one is smart they get out quickly and THEN cool off. ;)

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
goes to show you everyone is different. I just hate the always wet and stinky feeling of extreme humidity. Take a shower dry off, go outside and get wet and stay wet. I grew up in jersey and our worst days were similar to FL. yuk

In AZ it's hot as hell and you do risk catching on fire but there are pools everywhere to put yourself out. lol The pool temps are hotter then florida heat and with the same level of humidity so if one is smart they get out quickly and THEN cool off. ;)
Yes, go swimming in the early morning before you get steam cleaned by that extra humidity. lol

Garweft

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
Florida May get hot, but not as hot as Ohio....

Maybe it’s just men aren’t born as tough in Florida as they are in the other 49.

DCE55C9F-196D-4C25-AB1A-76172829D83C.jpeg

2AC0D706-E256-45DA-9EEC-F12F6B6B6A42.jpeg

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
If we're talking about record highs, there are only 8 states that have lower record highs than Florida's 109, and 2 other states are tied:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._state_temperature_extremes

However, the hottest day doesn't really matter - I grew up in Pittsburgh and can remember many times where it was VERY hot in the summer, but the difference with Florida is that when it got what I call "oven hot" (where opening a door to the outside feels like opening an oven) in PA, it lasted maybe a week, 2 max, and it wasn't every summer. But in FL, it's like that from mid-May until October, more or less.

So, keep in mind that if we are talking about states with the hottest average summer temperature, FL is #3 after LA and TX:

https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/US/average-state-temperatures-in-summer.php

Back on topic, yes ESS sucks and I'd rather not hit the button, and half the time I forget until it stops when I'm at a light at which point I hit the button and the engine starts again, but I also run MAX A/C 99% of the time and it doesn't cut out anyway ;)

And as for the summer rain in FL, last Saturday it was nice out so I took off the freedom panels to run an errand, and it poured for the 5 minutes while I was in the store :LOL:
Sponsored