Sponsored

Auto Start/Stop in Florida is the worst...

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Put the AC on recirculate so it doesn't bring in outside air.
And on top of this, Max AC disables ESS so both issues are put to rest.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It must be a "southern" thing. You didn't hear us "northerners" complain because we lost our heat when the ESS kicks in! :bandit:
lol, well I think it got cold enough up there that the ESS wouldn't activate to start with this past winter.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is clearly where you keyboard heroes are missing the point. My issue is the clear lack of common sense on the tech. If you are going to cut the engine, auto adjust the fan to account for the temperature. Having to add a routine to a startup is idiotic when the feature itself is desired if it were not for the overlooked issue of hot air at stop lights.

But keep being a tryhard with that keyboard. Killing it.
Do you use auto climate control? Because Mine adjusts the fan speed during a stop once its at my set temp. If its still cooling the cabin then it won't autostop the engine.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
lol, well I think it got cold enough up there that the ESS wouldn't activate to start with this past winter.
I would argue that the Ohio Valley is as hot/humid or hotter than Florida is. We experience all seasons and have COLD winters and HOT summers along with very pleasant Falls and Springs. That was a little off topic, but, like the previous post, just keep your max AC on. Disables ESS

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I just came into the thread to laugh at people complaining about it being too hot, while I sit up here in Wisconsin praying for those temps to come our way, so I can take the top down, doors off, and hang a leg out. Y'all keep fighting about how sensitive your bodies are to the heat. But you are all sensitive, which is confirmed when we come down south and you all have jackets on when it's 65 degrees.

Sponsored

StAug Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL sport
@DBFyre
@uRJeremyK

Sure ... and then your remote start won't work, you see evic notices... 8-(

Far better way to handle ESS is with a SmartStopStart, ESS Disabler.

You can buy one for $129.95. Use it while you have your JL... enjoy the benefit... and then sell it on Craigslist or here, for about 3/4 of what you paid for it after you sell the JL.

The SmartStopStart is very easy to install. May take you 10 minutes...
https://www.smartstopstart.com/?gcl...n5HqUWbYZZlF7MWLOFp485KU1kDVGT1hoCXisQAvD_BwE

smartstopstart.jpg
I bought this and it works flawlessly, no more yelling at the stupid ESS button. Over the last 4K miles I get 23+ miles per gallon. so all good.

As for the complaining about weather, I am originally from WI now living in FL. You know what they say " I rather be here, drinking a beer, than freezing my ass in the north".

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Try living in Houston tx with 105 deg temp plus 100% humidity. :CWL::CWL:

(Just has to throw that out there with people complaining about temp and humidity lol)

Hot is hot. It’s all relative. And everyone wants their AC to blow when stopped when it’s hot. Lol

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Since we're one Upping each other in here, try 29 Palms, CA or Yuma, AZ. It gets up to 120 and humidity doesn't matter because you're gonna have a heat stroke if you're not constantly pounding water.

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
This was the main reason I got a Tazer. I got my Jeep last September, so I experienced the AC issue right away.

I also ride a motorcycle, I would bring a change of clothes to work if I rode in the summertime. 1 if it rained and I got soaked, and 2 if it didn't rain and I got soaked by sweat.

Even in the upper 70's and low 80's the sun can be unbearable. To those that think coastal nature means coastal breezes, that is only true if you live with a mile of the coast, and breeze inland is just hot air blowing like a furnace.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
And on top of this, Max AC disables ESS so both issues are put to rest.
Im going to have to check this. I dont know why my jeep turned off and started blowing hot air at the light.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Im going to have to check this. I dont know why my jeep turned off and started blowing hot air at the light.
I'm usually on auto climate control, but the few times I've had it on max AC it didn't autostop.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Umm...yea it is.

earth-seasons-data.jpg
And you still don’t understand. It’s unbelievable, the F in “75F” must stand for Florida Hot. Florida isn’t even close to the top of the list of hottest recorded temperatures in the US. In fact, it’s near the bottom. It’s only ever considered “the hottest state” because it is consistently warm throughout the year. It’s peak temperatures are pathetic.
Sponsored