Sponsored

Auto Start/Stop in Florida is the worst...

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Because 85F, 100% humidity in Florida is different from 85F, 100% humidity in the swamps of South Carolina? Alright Florida Man.
Not sure what SC has anything to do with it since we've been talking about FL.

But just considering the scientific fact that we're closer to the equator, SC will never be as hot as FL. We are the Sunshine state after all.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Stop whining and push the button 1 time after you start the Jeep or is your finger wore out from starting it?
I wish I could like this a hundred times. Have to push a button to start vehicle, have to twist a knob for washers, have to turn a knob for headlights. But that ESS button....that's exhausting. That I cannot handle. I have to go lay down after just thinking about it.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I wish I could like this a hundred times. Have to push a button to start vehicle, have to twist a knob for washers, have to turn a knob for headlights. But that ESS button....that's exhausting. That I cannot handle. I have to go lay down after just thinking about it.
Lol

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Stop whining and push the button 1 time after you start the Jeep or is your finger wore out from starting it?
I agree.

I just think after years of not having it, its something people arent accustomed to.

Try telling an old man to just "text" you. Its still not common for them. Theyre getting better though.

I usually remember to press the button but some times i do forget and right as im about to turn into traffic it shuts off and kinda freaks me out.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Not sure what SC has anything to do with it since we've been talking about FL.

But just considering the scientific fact that we're closer to the equator, SC will never be as hot as FL. We are the Sunshine state after all.
I’ve lived in SC, but not FL. You’re still ignoring the fact that the 2 states can have the exact same temperature and humidity, but Florida Man just can’t help but say “yea but it’s hotter here because it’s Florida”

You’re literally complaining about beautiful weather. Turn off your ac and roll your windows down. Enjoy life.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I’ve lived in SC, but not FL. You’re still ignoring the fact that the 2 states can have the exact same temperature and humidity, but Florida Man just can’t help but say “yea but it’s hotter here because it’s Florida”

You’re literally complaining about beautiful weather. Turn off your ac and roll your windows down. Enjoy life.
It must be a "southern" thing. You didn't hear us "northerners" complain because we lost our heat when the ESS kicks in! :bandit:

OP
OP
uRJeremyK

uRJeremyK

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
This is clearly where you keyboard heroes are missing the point. My issue is the clear lack of common sense on the tech. If you are going to cut the engine, auto adjust the fan to account for the temperature. Having to add a routine to a startup is idiotic when the feature itself is desired if it were not for the overlooked issue of hot air at stop lights.

But keep being a tryhard with that keyboard. Killing it.

Reactions: D60

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
I agree.

I just think after years of not having it, its something people arent accustomed to.

Try telling an old man to just "text" you. Its still not common for them. Theyre getting better though.

I usually remember to press the button but some times i do forget and right as im about to turn into traffic it shuts off and kinda freaks me out.
Hey wait a sec, I only got texting on my cell phone plan last year and still don't want data!

Sponsored

sprayingmango

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
This is clearly where you keyboard heroes are missing the point. My issue is the clear lack of common sense on the tech. If you are going to cut the engine, auto adjust the fan to account for the temperature. Having to add a routine to a startup is idiotic when the feature itself is desired if it were not for the overlooked issue of hot air at stop lights.

What do you mean "auto adjust the fan"? The HVAC controls remain exactly what they were when ESS occures. Maybe something is wrong with your Jeep?

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev

We're not complaining about beautiful weather. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

As far as ive lived, everyone complains about Florida weather. Thats why people leave during the summer and come back during the winter.

"Summer" in Florida starts in the spring. Anything above 75 becomes suffocating.

Just as its a Jeep Thing, its absolutely a Florida Thing. Youre still missing the point that scientifically SC will never get the heat FL does. Next youll tell me Puerto Rico and SC also have the same weather. Guess what? It doesn't.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Maybe hang a tennis ball with a note on it from the headliner so when you get in it hits you in the large empty space between your ears, as a gentle reminder? Or preferably since there's nothing you can do about it's implementation.....sell the Jeep.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
We're not complaining about beautiful weather. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

As far as ive lived, everyone complains about Florida weather. Thats why people leave during the summer and come back during the winter.

"Summer" in Florida starts in the spring. Anything above 75 becomes suffocating.

Just as its a Jeep Thing, its absolutely a Florida Thing. Youre still missing the point that scientifically SC will never get the heat FL does. Next youll tell me Puerto Rico and SC also have the same weather. Guess what? It doesn't.
Every bit of evidence shows that Florida has a more moderate climate than surrounding states, due to its coastal nature. Again, you are whining about 75 degree weather. Stop whining.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Every bit of evidence shows that Florida has a more moderate climate than surrounding states, due to its coastal nature. Again, you are whining about 75 degree weather. Stop whining.
@mwilk012

After reading your comments in this tread, it is real obvious that you have spent little to no time living in Florida.. It is obvious that @noloc45 has.

I lived in Virginia for 1.5 years and have have lived in Florida, many a year and there is a major difference between Florida and Virginia as @noloc45 has mentioned...

Florida in the Spring is like Virginia is in mid Summer.

Florida in the Summer is like... well, hot as shit and more often then not miserably hot.... especially after 1pm.

Big difference between Virginia and Florida...

Na, @noloc45 is not "whining". ;)

Sponsored