Sponsored

Auto Start/Stop in Florida is the worst...

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
@mwilk012

After reading your comments in this tread, it is real obvious that you have spent little to no time living in Florida.. It is obvious that @noloc45 has.

I lived in Virginia for 1.5 years and have have lived in Florida, many a year and there is a major difference between Florida and Virginia as @noloc45 has mentioned...

Florida in the Spring is like Virginia is in mid Summer.

Florida in the Summer is like... well, hot as shit and more often then not miserably hot.... especially after 1pm.

Big difference between Virginia and Florida...

Na, @noloc45 is not "whining". ;)

Back up your claims with data. Florida is nowhere near the hottest state in the country, yet all the whining comes from Florida.
Sponsored

OP
OP
uRJeremyK

uRJeremyK

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Back up your claims with data. Florida is nowhere near the hottest state in the country, yet all the whining comes from Florida.
Pretty sure all the humid states whine. But Florida is definitely not the worst. Plenty of times in Leesvile, LA and Barstow, CA where I thought standing outside would literally murder me. Could care less were someone is from, hot is hot >_> If walking outside feels like you just opened an oven door, its a suck.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Pretty sure all the humid states whine. But Florida is definitely not the worst. Plenty of times in Leesvile, LA and Barstow, CA where I thought standing outside would literally murder me. Could care less were someone is from, hot is hot >_> If walking outside feels like you just opened an oven door, its a suck.
Agreed, when it is 100 degrees and there's not a cloud in the sky, it's a deadly time to get stuck outside. However, this thread has complained about completely normal, enjoyable weather...

I am getting blasted with 80-85
Anything above 75 becomes suffocating.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
The ESS will restart the motor if the cab needs the AC to maintain the set interior temperature. So it shouldn't be an issue.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Every bit of evidence shows that Florida has a more moderate climate than surrounding states, due to its coastal nature. Again, you are whining about 75 degree weather. Stop whining.
Is said 75 is good. YOU say 85 in FL is good. Its not. Im sure 85 in dry climate would be absolutely fine. Not so in FL.

Sponsored

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
We're literally the only state on the mainland that doesnt get snow. Can SC claim this? No? Then its never as hot as FL.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Is said 75 is good. YOU say 85 in FL is good. Its not. Im sure 85 in dry climate would be absolutely fine. Not so in FL.
And again, I said that 85 with 100% humidity feels the same no matter the geographical location. The idea that the lack of snow in winter makes your summers hotter is insane.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
And again, I said that 85 with 100% humidity feels the same no matter the geographical location. The idea that the lack of snow in winter makes your summers hotter is insane.
Lol

The fact that FL is hot enough in the winter that we dont get snow is testament to its summer heat. Its hot enough when the sun ISNT directly on us (winter), its going to be HOTTER when the sun IS directly on us (summer). Again, we're closer to the equator. Thats just science.

OP, sorry for the hijacked thread. I understand though, it happened to me the other day as well. Ill leave it here.

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Lol

The fact that FL is hot enough in the winter that we dont get snow is testament to its summer heat. Its hot enough when the sun ISNT directly on us (winter), its going to be HOTTER when the sun IS directly on us (summer). Again, we're closer to the equater. Thats just science.

OP, sorry for the hijacked thread. I understand though, it happened to me the other day as well. Ill leave it here.
Yea...that's not how weather works.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
The ESS will restart the motor if the cab needs the AC to maintain the set interior temperature. So it shouldn't be an issue.
This is what mine does and I live in FL, 0 issues with ESS.

Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Where is FLA related in relation to the equator, and where is VA?

I get it, spent plenty of time in both and FLA the humidity is killer.
VA gets warm too, yes. We also have high humidity at times in the midwest...but nothing like what I have experienced in S Fla.

DBFyre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited
You guys are arguing about weather and personal preferences. Does anybody really care what someone 1,000 miles away is doing or wants for their Jeep?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Where is FLA related in relation to the equator, and where is VA?

I get it, spent plenty of time in both and FLA the humidity is killer.
VA gets warm too, yes. We also have high humidity at times in the midwest...but nothing like what I have experienced in S Fla.
Distance from the equator is irrelevant. Weather data is kept forever and easily located. Humidity is a non factor as the entire southeast coastline experiences 100% humidity. The average and peak temperatures of FL are less than 100 degrees in the hottest days of summer. The weather is nearly identical.

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
I will be honest I actually liked the feature until recently when I started needing the AC again. Every time I stop at a light, because the auto start/stop doesn't adjust the fan speed to lower while stopped, the fans start blowing uncomfortably hot air into my face.

Since the AC cuts off when the engine stops, they really should have auto adjust fan speed and returned it to normal when kicking back off. Such a frustrating feature to have to turn off every time I start the car now.
If you use max air your start stop should never go enabled, keep it on max air especially in Florida.

DaveMNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Sahara
The easiest and cheapest fix, just disconnect the hook switch. So easy and if you want ESS back on, connect switch again. Yes there will be a little orange light on in the upper right hand corner, I cut a small round circle of electrical tape and place it over the light, you can’t see the tape it blends right in and you can’t see the light. I have basically forgot all about it and it’s been weeks since I did it and I never have to think about ESS again.
Sponsored

Reactions: JP1