Auto start/stop bypass question

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Hello all! Has anyone installed a quality bypass to this PIA?
thank you
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think most people are using Tazer Lite. Or if you are lucky like me it will just stop working.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Tazer is the most popular one that I know of right now if you don't want a message or warning light. I assume Superchips and other similar companies make them too, but the Tazer Lite is probably the most affordable.

Various other methods work but they will all trigger the ESS warning light, and/or alert message. I disconnected the hood sensor for a while, but it still turns the light on when you exceed 30 mph. The up side was that it didn't chime or show a message upon start up so you could see if there were any alerts when you turned the Jeep on.

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Tazer is the most popular one that I know of right now if you don't want a message or warning light. I assume Superchips and other similar companies make them too, but the Tazer Lite is probably the most affordable.

Various other methods work but they will all trigger the ESS warning light, and/or alert message. I disconnected the hood sensor for a while, but it still turns the light on when you exceed 30 mph. The up side was that it didn't chime or show a message upon start up so you could see if there were any alerts when you turned the Jeep on.
Thank you.

Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Hello all! Has anyone installed a quality bypass to this PIA?
thank you
Click the button or just remove hood sensor #2 . Both of those are free. Im sure you will get a million reaponses to buy a tazer but most are brainwashed to purchase aftermarket remedies.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I did the hood sensor for a bit. Yes it's free, but the warning light and message after 30 mph was diving me nuts.
I plugged it back in and I just push the button. It's not so inconvenient that I'm willing to pay $150 - $200 to not have to push it when I start the Jeep. Although I do like that the Tazer allows you to change other things like tire size, TPMS warning level, etc.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
When Tazer first came out for JL I, like many, were very tempted to get it. But in the end I saved a couple hundred bucks and I just hit the button. It's really not a bad deal. However, Tazer can do way more than just disable the start/stop, so if you're gonna regularly use it for all the other stuff, go for it.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I'm so in the habit of hitting the button after the start button that I very rarely forget to do it. Maybe once every 25-30 drives I might forget but once it shuts at a light bam goes the button. Such garbage.

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Just take your doors off and put them back on every weekend. Eventually your ESS will stop working. Unfortunately you’ll have other side effects such as your mirror controls not working or the Jeep not sensing when a door is open.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
DONT USE THE seatbelt
So now your gonna risk a ticket or worse getting ejected and/or killed without a seatbelt but you can say “hey at least I didn’t have to move my finger a whole 6 inches and press a button”.

OP
OP
Trauma Jeep

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
DONT USE THE seatbelt
So now your gonna risk a ticket or worse getting ejected and/or killed without a seatbelt but you can say “hey at least I didn’t have to move my finger a whole 6 inches and press a button”.
As a trauma nurse, no seatbelt is not an option. I have seen the results first hand.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I'm assuming the seat belt comment was a joke.
At least I hope so, because I laughed when I read it.
Sponsored