auto start from keyfob

stickersteve

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I'm sure this has come up before but I was not sure what the proper search term was. summer is coming here in arizona. I have a 2019 rubicon and am curious about what options I have to auto start from the keyfob or maybe even the app to try to cool things off a bit before I get in
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

curious about what options I have to auto start
Not sure by what you mean when you say “options”. If you have remote start, push the button on the remote twice. My wife has the app on her Grand Cherokee and it takes a bit for the signal to be sent and for the vehicle to start.

With auto climate controls, the heat, heated steering wheel and rear defroster will turn on with remote start if the temperature is below 40 degrees (I believe). In the summer, the AC will turn on.

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
Additionally if you are low on fuel (low fuel light) remote start won’t run more than a minute or two. It does shut off normally after I think, 15 minutes. It’s great for winter starts - turns on the heated driver seat and wheel as well as climate control provided you have those options. Cold weather package!
Sponsored