Sponsored

Auto-On Heated Seat & Steering Wheel - Does it turn on the passenger side?

PerfectDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Just recently picked up a 2022 JLUR. When I initially got the Jeep, I noticed every time I turned it on, the heated steering wheel would turn on and the my driver seat heating would turn on max. I went through the settings and found under "Seats & Comfort/Auto-On Comfort Systems" I could change the "Auto-On Heated Seat & Steering Wheel" to only turn on during "Remote Start" instead of "All Start." This was good for me because it was three less clicks I had to do every time I started the Jeep to return it to normal. Plus, I live in a cold area so I commonly use the remote start. Win-win.

However, my significant other noticed, her seat does not turn on during the remote start. It is only mine. In fact, with BOTH "Remote Start" and "All Start" settings, hers does not turn on automatically. To avoid confusion, both the driver side and passenger side heated seating works. They work very well. It is just with the passenger seat, you have to manually turn them on. Reading through the manual, it doesn't specify if during remote start it turns on both driver and passenger seats, but it does use the plural word; seats. So I am reaching out to the community since I could not find the answer online. Does anyone else with heated seats notice if both driver and passenger turn on automatically during remote start (or all start if you have that setting selected) or if it is just driver?

I ask because I am going to the dealership Monday for another issue I am having and if this turns out to be a defect with the Jeep, I'd like them to look at it then instead of having to make another appointment down the road given how busy they seem to be. Thanks for your time!
Sponsored

Last edited:

schulah

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Just recently picked up a 2022 JLUR. When I initially got the Jeep, I noticed every time I turned it on, the heated steering wheel would turn on and the my driver seat heating would turn on max. I went through the settings and found under "Seats & Comfort/Auto-On Comfort Systems" I could change the "Auto-On Heated Seat & Steering Wheel" to only turn on during "Remote Start" instead of "All Start." This was good for me because it was three less clicks I had to do every time I started the car to return it to normal. Plus, I live in a cold area so I commonly use the remote start. Win-win.

However, my significant other noticed, her seat does not turn on during the remote start. It is only mine. In fact, with BOTH "Remote Start" and "All Start" settings, hers does not turn on automatically. To avoid confusion, both the driver side and passenger side heated seating works. They work very well. It is just with the passenger seat, you have to manually turn them on. Reading through the manual, it doesn't specify if during remote start it turns on both driver and passenger seats, but it does use the plural word; seats. So I am reaching out to the community since I could not find the answer online. Does anyone else with heated seats notice if both driver and passenger turn on automatically during remote start (or all start if you have that setting selected) or if it is just driver?

I ask because I am going to the dealership Monday for another issue I am having and if this turns out to be a defect with the Jeep, I'd like them to look at it then instead of having to make another appointment down the road given how busy they seem to be. Thanks for your time!
Yep, only the driver’s side automatically heats on a remote start. Unfortunate for the passenger but hey, driving has its privileges. 😉

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have a Tazer and both seats heat. I don’t remember if it was always like this or it’s a feature of the Tazer. I think it’s the Tazer.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I have a tazer and I dont know if theres a setting or not but mine only turns on driver side and steering wheel.

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
this happens to me as well...

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just out of curiosity, anyone else's heated steering wheel feel like the surface of the sun and then about 10 minutes later it's just warm? Im guessing its designed to get hot quick and then level out at a certain temp, I was just making sure.

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Just out of curiosity, anyone else's heated steering wheel feel like the surface of the sun and then about 10 minutes later it's just warm? Im guessing its designed to get hot quick and then level out at a certain temp, I was just making sure.
Yup, Mine does the same thing. I usually turn it off after it gets to sun temp :LOL:

OP
OP
PerfectDuke

PerfectDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Mine stays warm throughout. Never gets hot to the point where I felt I couldn't touch it. It was actually to the point where I thought it was not warm enough but my S.O. just said that's probably designed that way so you don't want to let it go. It is the steering wheel after all.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine stays warm throughout. Never gets hot to the point where I felt I couldn't touch it. It was actually to the point where I thought it was not warm enough but my S.O. just said that's probably designed that way so you don't want to let it go. It is the steering wheel after all.
My truck's steering wheel seems to be way warmer thats why I was wondering about the JL

Sponsored

guzie

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon
I think the Tazer JL fixes this? Can someone chime in to confirm.
It does indeed turn it on for both seats if you select it. i bought the Tazer Jl mini recently for this very reason the other day.

PeppeWrangler

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU S, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth, RE Cont. GT650
Since I installed the Tazer mini lite the passenger side seat comes on with remote start as well. Don't remember changing anything so think it did on it's own. I do have to say the seats and steering wheel heat up fast and get super hot! My 2019 Stelvio doesn't even come close (my daily and company car).

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
There is no UCONNECT setting to enable, warm passenger seat in addition to driver when Auto-On Heat is enabled.

Tazer JL Mini, can enable passenger heat on with remote starts. This is a Live function that has to be enabled. ----Note: Live functions are operations the Tazer JL Mini performs live, only while the Tazer JL Mini is physically connected.

This feature is labeled in the Tazer JL Mini instructions as:
AutoPassHeat: Warm passenger seat in addition to driver when Auto-On Heat is enabled

---------

JSCAN, cannot enable warm passenger seat in addition to driver when Auto-On Heat is enabled.

I worked with the JSCAN Tech,(tested for him) on this a couple of weeks ago and after lots of trials, he gave up and admitted JSCAN could not do for the JL or JT. He said JSCAN could do for some other vehicles.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Shouldn't that be labeled AutoAssHeat? :)
@Chupacabra

Yup...

For the record... I spent a lot of time going back and forth with Poland/JSCAN on this.

From the get go, I told the JSCAN Tech that AutoPassHeat: Warm passenger seat in addition to driver when Auto-On Heat is enabled that the Tazer JL Mini, offered was a LIVE feature that required that the Tazer JL Mini be physically connected or that Live feature was a no go...

I told the Tech that I doubted it was doable with JSCAN...

The Tech replied that JSCAN could do the deed and he would get back to me with detailed instructions.

Soon after I was given all things / steps to try .. to test, etc. and I did exactly what was asked..
Anyway, everything tried was a no go... I had a bunch of back and forth's with the Tech..

In the end the Tech admitted that JSCAN could not do on a JL/JT.

Sponsored