Auto lights sensitivity

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
I find in the Jeep that the auto lights come on super quick. Like when you are on a trail they are coming on and off a lot. Even if you are in the shade for a few seconds. More so then other vehicles I have owned.

And driving around I see other vehicles with dlrs still on with auto lights and im full on lights.

In Canada so dlrs are mandatory.

Wheres the sensor. The little dome on the dash there on the drivers side?.

Is the a way with say jscan I can adjust the sensitivity.

Also in Canada there is no off option on the dash. Just parking, on, auto. So can't turn them off while offloading
Sponsored

en480c4

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Range Rover Classic
You can adjust it with the JScan app. I had the same issue and it drove me crazy. I turned up the threshold for it to turn on so it won’t come on in shadows on an otherwise clear day, and turned down the threshold to turn off so that when it does turn on, it stays on a little longer if you’re in and out of shadows at dawn or dusk. I think I went from 3.6 V to over to 4 V for ON and from 2.8 V to closer to 2 V for OFF.

b5a49a97-8bc6-4d84-ad48-b43aab2069e5-jpeg.jpg

OP
OP
Rescue119

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
You can adjust it with the JScan app. I had the same issue and it drove me crazy. I turned up the threshold for it to turn on so it won’t come on in shadows on an otherwise clear day, and turned down the threshold to turn off so that when it does turn on, it stays on a little longer if you’re in and out of shadows at dawn or dusk. I think I went from 3.6 V to over to 4 V for ON and from 2.8 V to closer to 2 V for OFF.

Jeep Wrangler JL Auto lights sensitivity b5a49a97-8bc6-4d84-ad48-b43aab2069e5-jpe
Awesome thanks.
Sponsored