Auto Levelling Headlamps??

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Hi all, I am curious if our JL wrangler’s led headlights are auto levelling? Anyone have any experience on this? Thank you!
Sponsored

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
Hi all, I am curious if our JL wrangler’s led headlights are auto levelling? Anyone have any experience on this? Thank you!
They are not auto-level. I've had auto-level HID lights on other vehicles and these do not function that way.

OP
OP

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are not auto-level. I've had auto-level HID lights on other vehicles and these do not function that way.
Thanks for the clarification! I’m planning to change the stock led headlamps to the US spec stock led headlamps with the halos! So it should be a direct swap and a wiring to the bcm and activation by the taser jl! Anyone here has any experience doing it?

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
My Australian Delivered JL Rubicon 100% has auto leveling head lights. My drive way is quite steep and every night i pull into the driveway, i see the head light level change after a few seconds.

Our Right hand drive delivered JLs must be different then to meet safety regulations.

Thanks for the clarification! I’m planning to change the stock led headlamps to the US spec stock led headlamps with the halos! So it should be a direct swap and a wiring to the bcm and activation by the taser jl! Anyone here has any experience doing it?
You might need to check that the wiring is there to allow that as well. I think it was talked about in another thread here and they were saying it wouldnt be as simple as buying new head lights as the wiring loom might need to be changed / modified as well.

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
My Australian Delivered JL Rubicon 100% has auto leveling head lights. My drive way is quite steep and every night i pull into the driveway, i see the head light level change after a few seconds.

Our Right hand drive delivered JLs must be different then to meet safety regulations.

You might need to check that the wiring is there to allow that as well. I think it was talked about in another thread here and they were saying it wouldnt be as simple as buying new head lights as the wiring loom might need to be changed / modified as well.
FIRST, sorry I did not realize I was in an Australia forum when I replied. Based on above, I can only confirm that my American JLUR with LEDs does not auto-level. In the US they are only required on xenon/hid lights. Also, I have never seen auto-level headlights take "a few seconds" to do their thing as that would kind of defeat the purpose as they must react quickly or they would never be aimed right on a hilly road at night. But, since I park in a parking garage with ramps I will park on one for a while and see if anything changes just to verify.

Also, it would be interesting to many of us to see pics showing the servo motors or pivot mechanism on your LED headlight assemblies to see how they differ from the US version.

Sponsored

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
FIRST, sorry I did not realize I was in an Australia forum when I replied. Based on above, I can only confirm that my American JLUR with LEDs does not auto-level. In the US they are only required on xenon/hid lights. Also, I have never seen auto-level headlights take "a few seconds" to do their thing as that would kind of defeat the purpose as they must react quickly or they would never be aimed right on a hilly road at night. But, since I park in a parking garage with ramps I will park on one for a while and see if anything changes just to verify.

Also, it would be interesting to many of us to see pics showing the servo motors or pivot mechanism on your LED headlight assemblies to see how they differ from the US version.
all good buddy, its a big forum here haha..

As for taking a few seconds, makes sense to me, otherwise the headlight motors would be going nuts constantly trying to keep them level after every tiny bump you hit. Happy to take a video of mine doing it.. If i get bored one day soon, i'll pull the grille off and see if i can get some photos of where the motors should be. But they definitely self level which is nice for other drivers on the road i guess haha.

OP
OP

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys, I have confirmed with my dealership. Apparently my JLUR RHD here in Singapore does not come with the auto levelling headlights! Therefore or should be a direct swap to the US headlights with halo. The kit comes with wiring to wire to the BCM and will be activated through the taser JL

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Chkoh, how is Cherokee Trailhawk going?

OP
OP

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chkoh, how is Cherokee Trailhawk going?
Haha it was geat! traded it in for my JLUR though. So I don't have a trailhawk anymore!

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Hey guys, I have confirmed with my dealership. Apparently my JLUR RHD here in Singapore does not come with the auto levelling headlights! Therefore or should be a direct swap to the US headlights with halo. The kit comes with wiring to wire to the BCM and will be activated through the taser JL
USA is right hand traffic and US lights are aimed as such... check with local laws in Singapore or you might be denied insurance in an accident if they say your US spec lights caused it. After all, the Wrangler is tall and lights are at the eye level of cars.

Sponsored

JLJessieJeep

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUS, JLUR

Hi Jaydee,
I too see my lights adjust, usually at maccas drivethru.
I get a lot of people flashing me when lights are on low beam and when I tool it into Jeep for its first service they told me it doesn't have auto leveling???
Not sure why they move automatically if the aren't auto??
If anyone has any info on adjustment it would be greatly appreciated.

nermzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel
Hi Jaydee,
I too see my lights adjust, usually at maccas drivethru.
I get a lot of people flashing me when lights are on low beam and when I tool it into Jeep for its first service they told me it doesn't have auto leveling???
Not sure why they move automatically if the aren't auto??
If anyone has any info on adjustment it would be greatly appreciated.
check your build sheet, you should see - Automatic Headlamp Leveling System.

OzEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I have a JLUR , and it has auto levelling. If you look on the upper control are on the rear ( left I think) you will see a little level sensor that determines the load in the back of the car and the lights adjust accordingly.

Rick Deckard

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Ugh, kids and skis in the back of my JL Willys causes me to blind all oncoming traffic. No clue why FCA couldn't make at least the LED trim have auto leveling. My Mazda which costs half as much, has it. Does anyone know if and where the auto leveling motors can be purchased and if they'll work with the factory LEDs and wiring?

shep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1976 LJ80
My Aussie 2021 rubicon doesn’t have auto leveling but does have load adjusting.
Sponsored