CaptStarboard

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 2.2L TD - "Jacko" Punk'n Orange (Old - 2010 Jeep KK Cherokee)
I have a JLUR , and it has auto levelling. If you look on the upper control are on the rear ( left I think) you will see a little level sensor that determines the load in the back of the car and the lights adjust accordingly.
2020 JLU Rubi diesel in Australia.

Can confirm that the head light auto leveller is in the right rear tire well behind the plastic fender liner. I know this because something popped up and took out the adjusting rod while doing Cape York. Suddenly had a fender well rubbing noise while on the track. Stopped and checked; a rod that attaches between the front track bar (correct name?) and the electronic levelling sensor was destroyed and the mounting bracket bent out to cause the rubbing.

In the photo you see the sensor connected via wiring and the stud on the track bar where the rod would have went. Ignore the zip tie. The mounting bracket has been forcibly re-centered via percussive maintenance on the track.

So I do think the IMPORT SPEC AU JL's have an auto levelling headlight kit, but it's more to do with load levelling. When you put more weight in the back (gear or trailer) the lights auto correct (and this would also be why they are not instant, but take a few beats to perform this load levelling correction).

Does anyone know the PART NUMBER for this? I'm on the hunt for a new one including the bracket!

Thanks all,
CaptStarboard

Jeep Wrangler JL Auto Levelling Headlamps?? IMG_4497.JPG
Sponsored

redgum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 3.6 Unlimited Rubicon, WJ 2.7 diesel Laredo
My AU spec petrol Rubi has this sensor too.
I was wondering what it was for, so thanks for posting.

CaptStarboard

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 2.2L TD - "Jacko" Punk'n Orange (Old - 2010 Jeep KK Cherokee)