Sponsored

Auto Headlights not Functioning Correctly

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2008 Sahara JK, 2000 Sport TJ, 1995 Sport YJ
HI. 2019 JL Rubicon. I do have a Mini Tazer. When I leave the headlight switch on Auto, it does not turn headlights off - even in bright sunlight. Lights go off normally after I shut the engine off. I think this used to work, pretty sure. I feel like I must be missing something. Is there a sensor that might be covered causing the lights to always think it's dark? Other functions of light switch are fine. I usually just leave it on Auto and forget about it.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
There's a sensor on the dash, it can get dirty. If you are sitting in the drivers seat it is forward and to the right of the steering wheel, little round bump thingy.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
HI. 2019 JL Rubicon. I do have a Mini Tazer. When I leave the headlight switch on Auto, it does not turn headlights off - even in bright sunlight. Lights go off normally after I shut the engine off. I think this used to work, pretty sure. I feel like I must be missing something. Is there a sensor that might be covered causing the lights to always think it's dark? Other functions of light switch are fine. I usually just leave it on Auto and forget about it.

Thanks for the help.
I, and several members here, have encountered similar issues, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Tazer - and in my case (Superchips) messing up the sensors. Another member resolved the issue when the dealer replaced the ambient light sensor.

My dealer denied me warranty because I had aftermarket headlights.

OP
OP

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I, and several members here, have encountered similar issues, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Tazer - and in my case (Superchips) messing up the sensors. Another member resolved the issue when the dealer replaced the ambient light sensor.

My dealer denied me warranty because I had aftermarket headlights.
Thx. I do have the oculus lights.

OP
OP

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thx. For some reason everything was working correctly today,
Sponsored