Auto door locks

BigGreen

First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
With 2 kids, having auto unlock is probably the 1 thing I miss the most.
I have a base sport with manual everything.
It was recently at the dealer for the resonating speaker fix and a strange rotational noise that has since gone away, possibly dust boot.
I had a Sport S as a loaner, leather steering wheel, big UConnect screen, pretty sure it had a better all around stereo, auto mirrors, windows and locks. All really nice stuff. But, the auto locks were by far my most used feature.

Any feature you can't live without? Or at least really makes your life easier?
Advertisement

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
There is a thread here that ask which option you wish you would have gotten on your new Jeep. The proximity locks got the most votes, hands down. I was going to order my new Jeep as I couldn't find one with other options that were a must have for me. I finally found one with everything I wanted plus the locks, and made the deal. I'm so glad it has the proximity locks, because I know now that I would have hated myself for not ordering them. Handy things they are.

Ogre_FL

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Sport S, 2021 Gladiator 80th
I didn't think you could get proximity locks on the Sport S.

I started looking at the base and could have lived with the roll up windows and some of the other difference.
The remote locks though was a major factor in going with the Sport S over the Base for us.
It would have been a bigger factor for sure if I was considering the 4 door with kids.

I do wish the proximity locks was an option or included though.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Proximity locks are fantastic. The company that I work for designs and manufactures what we call smart handles. They are used on MANY Toyota’s. My Toyota Highlander has them. So when I went to order my Jeep it was the first option selected.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, proximity locks are the one thing I miss from my Edge.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I thought I could live without Power Windows and Locks. The Windows I haven't missed. But the Power Locks is why I installed my power locks on my sport. I did a write-up here if you check the DIY section or check my blog in my signature.

Advertisement

TopLift Pros

Advertisement