OP
OP
digitalbliss

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Read the manual. The vents that face you are not designed to be utilized in cold weather. If you try to utilize the system in a way that it wasn't designed.. your experience may vary :)

chart.jpg
Yeah, who the hell would want to heat the rear?!?!?
Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Another complaint sell the Jeep buy a Priuse.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Had the service bulletin done on mine today. Number was 08-042-18. Flashed the Auto Climate Control.

Hopefully it'll actually work now and keep the cabin at least in the same ballpark as the setting on the display. We'll see....

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ask your rear passengers what they think. Jeep gave them new center ducts but they won't get any airflow if set to auto. Auto never seems to blow through the vents, unless it's cold air.
Mine blows air when on panel and bi-level mode on auto.

Last edited:

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
Had the service bulletin done on mine today. Number was 08-042-18. Flashed the Auto Climate Control.

Hopefully it'll actually work now and keep the cabin at least in the same ballpark as the setting on the display. We'll see....
Please keep us posted on your observations.

Sponsored

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I got stuck sat night driving home from work at midnight in the snow storm and my front defrosters at max HI were awful. Not the way I pictured it to go ) : I had to get out 3x to scrape my windshield in white out conditions on a back country curvy road.

OP
OP
digitalbliss

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Mine blow air on panel and bi-level mode on auto.
I think you are in the minority here. When set to auto, I have never felt anything except cool/cold air come from the dash and rear vents. Maybe the flash @WXman mentioned above changes that?

JoeBelt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I’ve also noticed I have the Auto climate control set at 70 and cold air blows from the circular vents. Multiple people have asked if the AC is running. I understand the Jeep wants to balance the cabin temp to maintain 70, but that air is cold and blowing somewhat forcefully directly on passengers. The windshield vent seems to blow warm air.

Did someone mention there’s a service bulliten for this?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think you are in the minority here. When set to auto, I have never felt anything except cool/cold air come from the dash and rear vents. Maybe the flash @WXman mentioned above changes that?
Mine is six days old so I hope software is updated.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe

Do you have the contents of this bulletin to share? Thanks!

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Do you have the contents of this bulletin to share? Thanks!
Unfortunately I do not.

Through testing, the Auto Climate Control would leave as much as a 16 degree spread between cabin temp and setting temp. I'm hopeful that this software update will cure that, but I won't know until tomorrow when the temperature outside drops again.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Think I might have finally found the sweet spot for mine, auto-on 71 deg seems to be good, although I noticed yesterday when the outside temp read 72, that my 71 was blowing cold, much colder than the 71 set temp, but it was so slight. Turnt he vents away from me and it was good.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
People want vents blowing on them because it’s a vehicle, but want climate control like it’s a house. If you sit in your house with the vents blowing on you, they’ll be uncomfortable moments as well.

OP
OP
digitalbliss

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
People want vents blowing on them because it’s a vehicle, but want climate control like it’s a house. If you sit in your house with the vents blowing on you, they’ll be uncomfortable moments as well.
No Bill, what I want, is the upper half of the cab to be close to the temp I have set it to. Unfortunately, it seems that when set to heat, it only blows to the foot well, warming the lower half of the vehicle and then shuts off significantly while the upper half is still 15 degrees (or more) colder than the temp setting.

The sensors must be located near the lower section of the vehicle instead of near chest high. So even though your feet are comfortable, your torso, arms, hands, face, head, etc... Are still quite cold. And since auto never seems to kick warm air through the vents (only cool air) the rear vents and passengers never get warm air to the back.

The programming really needs to blend vent and foot vents for heat. With a drafty, poorly insulated top, the Jeep seems to get cold drafts in the upper section, usually flowing from the rear. Heat from the foot Wells do almost nothing combat this and with the sensors being so low, they don't sense the colder air anyway and therefore keep the heat and fan speed set too low.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
So just an update because somebody asked...

I tested mine again this morning after the software flash. Same problem as before. Ambient temp = 28 degrees, auto climate control set to 72 degrees, actual temperature in the Jeep 59 degrees.

That's a 13 degree spread between what it's set to and what it actually was in the vehicle. I saw this before the software flash also...sometimes it would be as much as a 16 degree spread.

Sigh...

It didn't cost me anything so it was worth a shot.
Sponsored