First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
I think it's pretty good so far, along with all the other tech stuff.

I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I also have to ask myself, is it me or it? I HATE being cold so maybe I crank it because I just think I'm cold but it's really keeping it constant. Haven't owned it long enough to really know yet. Now, the seat/steering wheel heaters ROCK. Jeep hit those 2 items out of the ballpark for sure.
Sponsored

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Mine is working fine. The one thing to remember is that it does not automatically change the vent settings. You have to set the vents to blow to the floor like the settings on a traditional car heater.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Mine is working fine. The one thing to remember is that it does not automatically change the vent settings. You have to set the vents to blow to the floor like the settings on a traditional car heater.
Really? :surprised:I haven’t noticed

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
This is not true, the system while in the auto has full control of everything. I have experienced the airflow direction, blower speed, and temp all change many of times before while in the auto setting by themselves.

Haines_GT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Durango And 18 JLUR ordered
If you guys don't like the Auto do you just go back to manually doing it?

I've always used auto since my Durango but my wife and friend complain they don't like it blows cold air sometimes. Idk.

I've found it nice on the Wrangler but Ive always tried to use climate control just enough to warm me up or cool me off.

Sponsored

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
I have the same issues...1 degree seems to make 5 degree difference in "feel". I've also noticed that, at least with A/C, in the mornings it would blow very cold air for the first 5 minutes, then go to the more normal feeling temp that I was anticipating.

During the summer, after getting out of the shower and heading out for the day, my wife is normally hot due to hot shower and blow drying her hair...but when she gets in the Jeep, she has to turn the vents off until it calms down because she gets cold. In our Lexus, she almost always turns the blower higher to get more air, then turns it back to auto. Jeep is definitely different, and I'm getting accustomed to it, but not necessarily totally happy.

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Mine seems to work fine. Yes, it's a tad quirky but I'm getting used to it.
The heat will not kick up the fan speed until after the motor and or the heat reaches the correct temp to do so. Otherwise, it would just be blowing cold air. It does make me feel impatient at times. After that the cabin seems to stay around 70-73 where I set it at.
My only gripe is that I like my heat coming from the floor and defrost only. I never use the vents except for AC. Yes, I can pick that option from the climate button, but it turns off the auto climate and or sync.
Mine actually does this. When it warms the cabin the heat blows from the floor. When it need to cool the cabin the cool air blows from the top vent. I think it even said it in the owners manual

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
This is not true, the system while in the auto has full control of everything. I have experienced the airflow direction, blower speed, and temp all change many of times before while in the auto setting by themselves.
I concur.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Interesting...

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Interesting...

Great discovery. I wonder if you come off Auto, and just set at 70 degrees and a moderate fan speed, it rises. I sometimes notice cold air blowing and sometimes warm so I think it is cycling but the auto jacks with it.

Sponsored

Jcarrig3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
I think unless you have it set to a really high temp it tries to warm the vehicle up using the floor board vents. (using the logic that warm air rises). IIknow I can feel the heat blowing on my feet, but it doesn't feel as warm anywhere else. When l set it to cool the vehicle it uses the dash vents. This obviously make it feel more effective when cooling vs. heating.

I do wish it would use the bi-level feature to bring the vehicle to the desired temperature more quickly, then regulate it in a more subtle manner.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The thing is, even when cranked to high, the fan still stays on a fairly low setting. Every other car I've driven with climate control, high meant high.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I think he means (maybe not) that if you want a specific airflow, you have to set that which disengages Auto. Auto is full auto...if you like air on your feet, or face at a certain airspeed you have to adjust the vents and fan speed. I never figured out why more cars (luxury ones do) allow you to preset levels so you get more/less airflow out of specific vents and those all ramp up down to achieve the set temperature.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
The thing is, even when cranked to high, the fan still stays on a fairly low setting. Every other car I've driven with climate control, high meant high.
When mine is like that (if I override auto for example), the airflow is mainly on the windshield...so I need to set it to the mid level vents...then it blows plenty hard.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
I've had over a dozen cars with auto hvac and none have been spot on. The AC seems to be very close maybe because I live in the humid and hot DC MD VA area, but the heat always seem to be extreme in adjustments. Since its gotten consistently cold here I have had a chance to try different adjustments. But I also noticed that since I put the Sunrider top (I have a hard top) on that I need more heat in the head area since the convertible portion is not insulated. I noticed that when set to auto that more heat is directed to the footwell versus the dash vent, I noticed that even with the freedom panels installed. So what I do now is, I start off with the defroster on and heated seat and steering wheel until it gets up to temperature, then I turn all that off and switch to auto at 74 degrees that seems to work fine in low 30 degree weather.

Jeep is not the only system that blows cold air when you lower then temperature vs just lowering the fan speed to cool the cabin....
Sponsored