Auto climate control not as effective in the cold

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
Got jeep back from dealer, mind you this is my 3rd wrangler.
Was told thats the way its supposed to work. Was out in 40degree pennsylvania air last night for 25 min
Car was toasty with remote start warming everything thing up.

Within 10 mins i was frozen and could feel the chill wicking off the glass onto my face.

Slight barley detectable air at feet.
Nothing ever comes out the rear vents for passengers.

2021 im not happy, ski liberty and ski roundtop within few miles and i must suit up just to drive by. Oh the headliner dont help at all.
Except helps as im banging my head.

Ugh.
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. I kind of miss have auto climate. I can never remember how hot or cold each million positions on the dial is, so you end up having to constantly adjust by feel over time, but the one plus is that I can leave my controls on blast before I shut my vehicle off so when I remote start it, everything is already at its highest setting before I get in. Heats or cools much faster than auto climate which waits for your engine to be warm enough before it goes 100% hot or cold

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Was told thats the way its supposed to work. Was out in 40degree pennsylvania air last night for 25 min

Within 10 mins i was frozen and could feel the chill wicking off the glass onto my face.

2021 im not happy, ski liberty and ski roundtop within few miles and i must suit up just to drive by. Oh the headliner dont help at all.

Ugh.
Hi there, we are sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the function of your climate control in your new Jeep. If you do not agree with your dealer diagnosis, you may consider sourcing another opinion from a second dealer. Please know that our team is available for additional support while having this concern addressed.

Kathryn
JeepCares

AgentWolf

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I don't understand why the auto never blows out of the "head" vents. Only the defrost and feet.

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
I don't understand why the auto never blows out of the "head" vents. Only the defrost and feet.
Every car I've ever had with auto climate behaves this way. I think the thought is that heat rises and it's more efficient this way.

But yeah, I just usually select the upper vents when I'm really cold. I personally like feeling the warm air blow on me as opposed to sitting in a warm cabin.

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Every car I've ever had with auto climate behaves this way. I think the thought is that heat rises and it's more efficient this way.

But yeah, I just usually select the upper vents when I'm really cold. I personally like feeling the warm air blow on me as opposed to sitting in a warm cabin.
Warm air + Face = zZzz
It's for safety

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon

Ugh.
It's not a fix but will work until you can get it fixed. Turn the auto mode off and adjust everything manually. You'll have to go to the climate app in order to manually control all the settings.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
I just use manual controls... I’ve never been a fan of auto climate. If it’s cold I put the temp to HI and have it vent from the feet area and onto the windshield. Then once I’m warm I lower the fan speed. If I get too warm I turn it off. Easy peasy.
This brilliant method is how I use it as well.

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Unreal that something so easy is messed up by FCA.

Gotta say though that my Acadia auto temp does some strange things too sometimes....blowing cold air in winter at odd times.

I have a feeling ill just be doing manual controls in my JL when it arrives..

So I have defrost issues and auto temp control issues to look forward to.

This brilliant method is how I use it as well.

KDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
I've had auto temp control on several vehicles and never used it. Nice to know my old school habits will come in handy when I buy a new Jeep.

Sponsored

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Hello @Rusty Teeth
We are very sorry to hear that you are having this concern with your new Jeep! Please send our team a private message to follow up on your recent/upcoming dealer appointment. We would be happy to offer our additional support if needed.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Hi, i have another appointment on this coming monday. They are not aware of any problems with heat or air. I just read 9 pages of issues. Been patiently waiting for more to complain.

Also have a recall on abs brakes

Did notice both smaller radiator caps next to the washer fluid filler were loose.

Please help.

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
That it, the vents behind the steering wheel dont do anything. You have your hands on the wheel and outta nowhere you get a gust of warm air after trying to go around 695 Baltimore beltway, after a few mins it fades away.
Im told its supposed to do that!
This is my 3rd JL I have seen it work!!! Its perfect when its doing its thing.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi, i have another appointment on this coming monday. They are not aware of any problems with heat or air. I just read 9 pages of issues. Been patiently waiting for more to complain.

Also have a recall on abs brakes

Did notice both smaller radiator caps next to the washer fluid filler were loose.

Please help.
We can certainly assist you here, Rusty Teeth. Send us a private message with more details to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
I have not been thrilled with the auto climate in the cold but for different reasons. When its below 45 or so outside, but the sun has warmed up the interior to a comfortable temp, I like it to be about 65 or so if even that warm. The climate control seems to blow crazy hot. Like the interior is already 68 or so, and its still pumping hot.

I end up having to go manual, set it literally on LO and adjust the fan to cool it down. Its definitely like the interior temp sensor is somewhere no where near the drivers seat upper area.

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
I had several jl's they all worked flawlessly untill this 2021
Sponsored