Australia JL Wranger Information on 20th July

OP
OP

a3lawy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350
Top of the range JLUR is USD 52,000. That's AUD 72,000 without additional GST, luxury sales tax, registration, shipping costs etc etc...
Sponsored

OP
OP

a3lawy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350
AU website updated today: https://www.jeep.com.au/wrangler-jl/exterior.html

32-inch off-road, all-terrain tyres on Rubicon.
LED headlamps are available on Overland and Rubicon.
Wheel options for each trim.
Soft or hard roof options. No third Sky One-Touch option.

Interior: https://www.jeep.com.au/2019/wrangler/interior.html

Seems the usual stuff. Option to upgrade to Alpine audio system.
8.4" Uconnect® touchscreen available as an upgrade. No mention off-road pages etc.
Couple of extra options: Trail rail & utility grid but no mention of MOPAR accessories.

Engines: https://www.jeep.com.au/2019/wrangler/capability.html

3.6L V6 (209 kW) or 2.2L diesel (147 kW) only.

Safety: https://www.jeep.com.au/2019/wrangler/safety-security.html

No mention of Adaptive Cruise Control so looks like we're getting 2018 models then. :(

Magpie Mick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi pajero sport
AU website updated today: https://www.jeep.com.au/wrangler-jl/exterior.html

32-inch off-road, all-terrain tyres on Rubicon.
LED headlamps are available on Overland and Rubicon.
Wheel options for each trim.
Soft or hard roof options. No third Sky One-Touch option.

Interior: https://www.jeep.com.au/2019/wrangler/interior.html

Seems the usual stuff. Option to upgrade to Alpine audio system.
8.4" Uconnect® touchscreen available as an upgrade. No mention off-road pages etc.
Couple of extra options: Trail rail & utility grid but no mention of MOPAR accessories.

Engines: https://www.jeep.com.au/2019/wrangler/capability.html

3.6L V6 (209 kW) or 2.2L diesel (147 kW) only.

Safety: https://www.jeep.com.au/2019/wrangler/safety-security.html

No mention of Adaptive Cruise Control so looks like we're getting 2018 models then. :(
I got the same email today. Its a shame they only went with the 2.2

Sponsored

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
i was p.o. about the black roof on Rubicon and lack of LSD on the Overland and no fancy blind spot etc etc on the Sport and still no price on the options and the Rubicon and Overland are only 1k apart.
Now, i just reading about the 'seat' not going low enough for Tall people, which i am.
so things are looking grim in the JL for me department.

also- there is this other page on here https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-wrangler-australia.18141

OP
OP

a3lawy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350
Jeep Artarmon confirmed 2 Overland JLs are available in showroom to view and book test drive. No Rubicons expected till July...

OP
OP

a3lawy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350
Went to test drive the JL Overland (Sahara) today. Rubicons aren't available in Sydney showrooms and first orders won't arrive till July 2019 at the earliest, that's quite a wait...

Mixed feelings about the test drive, like it a lot but don't absolutely love it... It looks pretty great especially with roof off and leather seats & trim are very nice. Comparing the drive to my daily FJ Cruiser, the steering isn't precise at all and the suspension is quite soft and bouncy but it's definitely more comfortable and has plenty of features, tech and updates. It does have offroad pages but it didn't have Apple Carplay oddly, even though listed as standard (might be the demo unit). Although both cars have ~200kw engines (FJ 4L V6), the Jeep definitely feels more sluggish with slower acceleration and much less responsive when you put foot down. There's also nowhere to place your left foot which is quite odd and will need some getting used to.

Hard top roof is the only option. No soft top and no one-touch roof expected this year. They will both be extra options in future.

Rubicon details are still TBC but it's most likely to be 32" all-terrain tyres. Overland has 32" road tyres. Some pics below.

Dealers are taking $1,000 pre-order deposits before 15/03/19 for delivery July. Since there's no Rubicon demos, the deposits are fully refundable if you change your mind at vehicle delivery. If you opt for this, make sure it's in writing somewhere.

$69,975 base Rubicon 3.6L V6 price
$975 for any metallic paint option
$1,950 for the luxury package (leather seats, body coloured fender flares, heated but not cooled front seats and steering wheel)
$950 for black polished lip wheel upgrade
$450 for trail management system (which I gather is just a couple rails in boot with no cargo nets or storage bars)
$750 for electrical group (AUX switches, 240 amp alternator and 700 amp battery)
No other Mopar accessories are currently known but you get $500 worth of accessories with new vehicle purchase. Some examples here: https://www.jeep.com.au/wrangler-jl/accessories.html

Hope that helps.

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

Last edited:

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
@a3lawy

The 69k is the Rubicon diesel price, the v6 petrol is roughly 63k.
All paints except black or white are considered "metallic"....
You are right about the trail rail system, the overlands in the show room that I went had them installed.... I think I might have wasted money there to be honest.

The brochure specifies both tops as standard on the Rubicon. This strongly implies, if not explicitly states that you will get both.... I sincerely hope that they include both as i don't feel like paying 4k extra for it as a Mopar accessory.

I have also gotten told that rubicons won't be in the first batch. Which I find sad. Though no one is giving a reason or showing where that information is coming from... Well apparently any order from now on already misses the first cut off date and batch.

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
I test drove the JL yesterday here in Melbourne. The dealer was quoting $69.5K for the petrol Rubicon without any option being included.

Did any of you had luck on getting better price on the rubicon?

Sponsored

OP
OP

a3lawy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350
@a3lawy

The 69k is the Rubicon diesel price, the v6 petrol is roughly 63k.
Definitely 70k for the Rubicon petrol, they even wrote it all down for me. Pic below. Diesel Rubicons were unknown date.

They were pretty sure you only got hard top roof and it's the only roof available. Reason for Rubicons being delayed to July is to do with ADR compliance of the steel front bumper apparently. Orders before 15/03/19 will be the second batch delivered in July, if it doesn't get delayed.

vw6MG2U.jpg

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
@Alamein.sajib @a3lawy

Is that 69k including on road costs?
I placed my order in Sydney earlier this week. JL Rubicon petrol base price was 63,950... I added all packages except the wheels which made the price higher. But I definitely didn't pay 69k base price.

The dealership should have ordered mine on the 12th... Here's hoping he actually did it. Though if there are no Rubicons in the first batch I guess it doesn't really make a difference.

OP
OP

a3lawy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350
Is that 69k including on road costs?
Yea, I think it might be on the road price including everything. The pricing on their website says so too albeit couple hundred more.

Good luck on your order, I'll mull it over for a bit and see how we go. What dealer did you go to? I went to the Artarmon one.

price.PNG

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Yea, I think it might be on the road price including everything. The pricing on their website says so too albeit couple hundred more.

Good luck on your order, I'll mull it over for a bit and see how we go. What dealer did you go to? I went to the Artarmon one.

price.PNG
Thanks!
Now I play the waiting game...

I kind of want to start chanting to you "do it, do it, do it, do it....." but apparently peer pressure is bad...

Yeh, that price makes a lot of sense then, the dealers I went to put the road charges on after adding the options.... Penrith/Nepean jeep and Chullora did the best prices. I ended up ordering with Chullora, due to being recommended by a friend of a friend, they were $800 cheaper then penrith, but I really liked the Penrith dealership, Penrith put a lot of effort and the guy there straight away gave me a good price and broke it down as to why that's the price he wanted to/could do. Really happy with both dealers. They were both under 70k drive away with metallic paint and all options except the wheels... In comparison Parra came back at 76k and damn the guy there was awkward....

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
@a3lawy Thanks for the photos btw!

But I also just noticed, with that super low rear bumper, how low would the tow bar thingy be? It literally makes no sense to just drop that middle like that!!!! Our departure angles will be less too because of it! Can't believe I didn't notice before...
Sponsored