Australia JL Wranger Information on 20th July

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
32’s on Rubicon sux, I want to legally run 35’s! Be good to see the options list, wonder if we can option a factory delivered Rubicon on 33’s with a US tyre placard? Will jeep be lazy & leave the US tyre placard on, or could we buy the placard from JEEP in the US? On a side note, think twice about putting a deposit down if you have a trade in. If they have your deposit they’ll low ball you… Thanks for posting the PDF detail, the wait continues.
Sponsored

Magpie Mick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi pajero sport
32’s on Rubicon sux, I want to legally run 35’s! Be good to see the options list, wonder if we can option a factory delivered Rubicon on 33’s with a US tyre placard? Will jeep be lazy & leave the US tyre placard on, or could we buy the placard from JEEP in the US? On a side note, think twice about putting a deposit down if you have a trade in. If they have your deposit they’ll low ball you… Thanks for posting the PDF detail, the wait continues.
The 2.2 diesel sux to

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
IMHO - Without getting into a big debate over 35 vs 34 inch tyres, 35 look good but the practicality of 35 vs 34 is 12mm extra ground clearance at 40 psi ( not 16 - 22 psi more likely 5 to 6 mm extra clearance) and a slightly bigger foot print when bagged out. Each brand of tyre measures differently I remember the first set of 35's I ran 17 years ago where cooper stt and they were "35's" had a set of centipedes which were 35's as well and they measured out at nearly 36 inches. Just my 2 cents.

As for the 2.2 time will tell, the 2.5 td5 motor chipped puts out some good power we maybe lucky and see some chips/ecu's developed for them.

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Will be interesting to see what extra's we can order, I read somewhere that FCA was not happy we could buy mopar accessories cheaper from 3rd parties then from jeep themselves. Been a landy man all my life looking forward to buying off the shelf then building it myself.

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
The document is dated February so it is not reliable.

I spoke to a dealer on Friday who implied strongly that the specs of Jeep Australia would be the same as Jeep Middle East. And yes Jeep Middle East has its own brochure.

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
To me personally the Middle East Rubicon version is one of the most desirable configurations from factory there is:
Rubicon with V6, 4WD Auto SelecTrac with 4:01 Gearing of the RockTrack , Dana 44 axles with 4:10 gearing and lockers, sway bar disconnect, high line Rubicon fenders (unlike Europe), Steel bumper package available.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spoke to a dealer just before Christmas.

Jeep sent him to Jeep Middle East to look at Wranglers.

That implies we are set to get the same specs..

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
I got confirmation today the Rubicon will have 32 inch BFG but couldn't say weather muddies or AT's for sure but believes they will be AT's. Also the rubicon will have the factory steel winch bar as standard here.

Sponsored

Magpie Mick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi pajero sport
I decided against buying one for a number of reasons. The main one is the 1 star safety rating and 2.2 diesel is way to small . The Rubicon will still be alot of fun to own but its just not suited for me . I still brought a jeep though lol. Heres my new ride . I picked it up 2 days ago . This one will have no trouble passing the road trains.

20190103_170636.jpg

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Received a call from a Jeep dealer in NSW, AU. Package & price information will be available around 20.01.19. Test drives can be made at the end of Jan 19.

OP
OP

a3lawy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350
Received a call from a Jeep dealer in NSW, AU. Package & price information will be available around 20.01.19. Test drives can be made at the end of Jan 19.
Same here, Got a call from Jeep Artarmon. They are expecting 2 demo vehicles around Australia Day and booking in test drives now. Absolutely no clue on any specs, engines, accessories, brochures etc though. Still all TBC. We're getting closer though.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Artarmon today told me brochures and pricing in 2 - 3 weeks and vehicles for test driving late Jan or early Feb.

Steve0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Got the call today. Should have demo available next week in Brisbane. Suggested prices to start around $55k. Guessing that's for a 2 door rag top. So 4 door Rubicon may come in around the high $60k's before on roads. Ouch! Low $70k's drive away before options.
Sponsored