First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
@Alamein.sajib @a3lawy

Is that 69k including on road costs?
I placed my order in Sydney earlier this week. JL Rubicon petrol base price was 63,950... I added all packages except the wheels which made the price higher. But I definitely didn't pay 69k base price.

The dealership should have ordered mine on the 12th... Here's hoping he actually did it. Though if there are no Rubicons in the first batch I guess it doesn't really make a difference.

My quotation was (Essendon Jeep)

- Rubicon Bright White - $69,622.00 drive away
- Luxury Pack $1,500.00
- Electrical Group $585.00
Total: $71,707

To be honest i was hoping for a deal under $70K, though dealer might remove the $2K dealer delivery fee, but it seems i am not having much of a luck, might try couple of more places over this week before i put my pre-order, given Rubicon might not get delivered until July, not sure if i need to rush..

Cheers
Al

Capture.PNG
Sponsored

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
Good luck searching for quotes! I would definitely try a few more places! You got a almost a month before the next cut off date.

Invech

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl Rubicon
ordered my Rubicon on 15th Jan and the dealer said should be here on April hopefully.

Kezza

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y62
don't forget Jeep sent out the email 14/02/2019 stating $500 of Mopar access up til the end of March on any order.

OP
OP

a3lawy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350
I was advised today that Rubicons with luxury package come with colour-coded fenders but NOT hard top roof. All Rubicons have black roofs.

Overlands are the only ones that can be specced with colour-coded roofs. Check with your local dealer.

Sponsored

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
I second that the Rubicons coming in have black roofs - they’re not color coded.
They also come with standard fenders (not the 2” raised ones the Rubi’s get in the US)
And from the Jeep Australia website, it also appears that the vents on the hood are not the same as in US either (ours are watered down and wimpy)

I have put down a fully refundable deposit on a Black Unlimited Petrol Rubicon .

We’re getting the leather package, a tow kit installed with electric brakes, they’re also painting all the alloys matte black and filling her up with a tank full of petrol. (Plus $500 Mopar accessories)
Drive away price is $71,250 (NSW)

I have been matched with a vehicle on its way over and delivery is expected for (hopefully) late April.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
$72,000 AU is a little over $50,000 US, so you guys aren't getting screwed as badly as it sounds. That $50k Rubicon in the US doesn't have an automatic transmission, either. I paid about $47,000 US before taxes, and with discounts, with a sticker price of close to $52,000. Mine has cloth seats and a manual transmission. Options included Alpine stereo upgrade, LED lighting, steel bumpers, towing package, optional wheels, cold weather group (heated seats, steering wheel, engine block), body colored fender flares, dual tops, and floor liners. The automatic transmission would have pushed my sticker price to $55k US, which would be 77k Au. But then again, my wife said it wouldn't have been a real Jeep if I'd ordered an automatic!

I hope you guys get these things soon. I want to see pics and videos of them off roading down there! I also want to see what creative overlanding modifications come out of Oz!

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
I second that the Rubicons coming in have black roofs - they’re not color coded.
They also come with standard fenders (not the 2” raised ones the Rubi’s get in the US)
And from the Jeep Australia website, it also appears that the vents on the hood are not the same as in US either (ours are watered down and wimpy)

I have put down a fully refundable deposit on a Black Unlimited Petrol Rubicon .

We’re getting the leather package, a tow kit installed with electric brakes, they’re also painting all the alloys matte black and filling her up with a tank full of petrol. (Plus $500 Mopar accessories)
Drive away price is $71,250 (NSW)

I have been matched with a vehicle on its way over and delivery is expected for (hopefully) late April.

How did you check about being matched with a vehicle? also, what date did you order?, I got a feeling my dealer has fudged up...

I ordered mine on the 9th Feb and I have a feeling my dealer didn't place the order to jeep.. it is apparently still with stock management waiting for the factory window...whatever that is.

I edited this post multiple times because I am fuming right now. Can't get over the fact that my dealer might have simply not placed my order...

cheers,

Last edited:

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
How did you check about being matched with a vehicle? also, what date did you order?, I got a feeling my dealer has fudged up...

I ordered mine on the 9th Feb and I have a feeling my dealer didn't place the order to jeep.. it is apparently still with stock management waiting for the factory window...whatever that is.

I edited this post multiple times because I am fuming right now. Can't get over the fact that my dealer might have simply not placed my order...

cheers,
Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear that. I’ve just emailed my dealer because you’ve made me a little hesitant.. so I’m checking to see if we’re still on track and if he’s had any updates. I don’t have any concrete proof, just copies of his emails and texts back and forth.
I do have it in writing that he received confirmation for my delivery in late April.
I ordered end of January - so we’re similar time wise. I also deliberately kept my order simple to have the best chance of being matched with a vehicle (otherwise I would have asked for the electrical group package)
That must be so frustrating for you. It’s awful because we’re being kept in the dark and the dealerships are so ill-informed.
If you live in NSW I’m happy to pass along the name of my guy to you and you can give him a try.
I hope you’re having better luck and will let you know how I go with his reply!

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR

cheers,
A quick update: I just got an email back and my dealer said that he hadn’t heard anything and that we are presently still on track for late April. I apologize, I don’t know of how much help that is to you.

26EA2361-A846-4E01-921B-5430FBBD98CC.jpeg

Sponsored

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
A quick update: I just got an email back and my dealer said that he hadn’t heard anything and that we are presently still on track for late April. I apologize, I don’t know of how much help that is to you.

26EA2361-A846-4E01-921B-5430FBBD98CC.jpeg
I do hope you get your vehicle in April! It's too late for me to change dealer now. It will mean I definitely miss the first batch. I have seen a screenshot of a message saying rubicons were being held because of the steel bumper, but it still said manufacturing would start March...

Jeep customer service were also no help.

I'll keep on top of my dealer and keep checking to make sure they are on top of things. Fingers crossed.

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR
I do hope you get your vehicle in April! It's too late for me to change dealer now. It will mean I definitely miss the first batch. I have seen a screenshot of a message saying rubicons were being held because of the steel bumper, but it still said manufacturing would start March...

I'll keep on top of my dealer and keep checking to make sure they are on top of things. Fingers crossed.
I’ve sent another email asking about the steel bumper/March production and will see what he says because a few weeks ago I did ask if I could add the electrical group to my order and he said he checked and it was too late. If what you’re saying is true, then it’s not. I’ll investigate.
Do you happen to remember where you saw the screenshot?
I’m sure your dealer has put in the order - they would want to look good for head office with as many preorders as possible.. may just be a little incompetent with passing along information to you.
It’s sad that we have to chase them. It should be the opposite.
I will keep you posted and I’m just praying that when I see this vehicle I’ll love it! I’ve been waiting so long and I’m just not sure if she’ll be able to meet my expectations (which after over a year) are pretty high!

JJMatar

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Bright White 2020 JLUR

He is checking into it for me. He said he wouldn’t be surprised as apparently they’ve just had a recall on all the JL Overlands they have.
This is not a good sign.

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
He is checking into it for me. He said he wouldn’t be surprised as apparently they’ve just had a recall on all the JL Overlands they have.
This is not a good sign.
The information that we are getting from jeep is just conflicting and contradicting itself! I've been following this forum since the launch so I am not surprised.. but still....
But sorry If I worried you! Wasn't my intention. I am hoping too. I need to call and discuss the mopar parts I want to order, I'll try and get an update then.

Well, if you get yours in April (which i hope you do) and I don't, I would ask for a photo of it in an obviously Australian location so I can take it to my dealer and be like "wtf mate?" while waving it at his face. Then as I leave the dealership I'll rip a JL grill from one of the Overlands there and duct tape it to the front of my JK. A Boy can dream....

Alamein.sajib

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker RED JLUR
I called my dealer yesterday, got told the same story, they don't have any update, because Jeep Australia telling them jack shxt!!

As far as he knows, i put my order early Feb, so it will come in late June the earliest, no Wrangler of any kind will be in Australia until June apparently.

Very frustrated with the lack of information and clear guidance here.
Sponsored