Sponsored

Australia JL Wranger Information on 20th July

a3lawy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350
For any Australians keen to find out more information on specs and order a Wrangler JL, I have just been told by the General Manager at Jeep Artarmon (Sydney) that there's a dealer conference on Friday 20th July where they will release information on the JL Wrangler specs, prices, finance options, accessories and target delivery times to the dealers.

Current unconfirmed rumoured estimate for Sydney is August to October ship times, however, that may be pushed back if the current JK stock remains high at dealerships (which apparently it is). They will wait till stocks reduce before releasing the JL officially.

I also asked about the chance of having the 0% finance that Canada seems to offer but was told highly unlikely here as that is usually reserved for older clearance vehicles if at all. Was worth a try.

I will be getting a call back soon after 20th and will advise on any updates. Others welcome to do so too!
Sponsored

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.
Thanks for sharing this info! I may as well talk to a brick wall when asking about the JL.
I was told though if I left a deposit I could be one of the first orders placed in Australia. Tempting..
Also hoping that they donā€™t water down the Rubicon too much due to our ADRā€™s

MartyParty

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport, Ocean Blue
Is it okay that I am reading these posts with an Australian accent...also for a country that gave us Hugh Jackman you guys deserve at least a few JLā€™s...I picture a crocodile wheelinā€™ thru the Outback wearing one of those hats that are folded on one side

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
I got a simular story from vic dealer on Friday, he went as far as saying there is a good chance we may see JL demos in dealerships in 6 to 8 weeks. As for spec of Demo he had no idea what it will be.

OP
OP

a3lawy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350
I got a simular story from vic dealer on Friday, he went as far as saying there is a good chance we may see JL demos in dealerships in 6 to 8 weeks. As for spec of Demo he had no idea what it will be.
Thanks for confirming, good to have a consistent message so far. Eagerly awaiting more information but the distinct lack of any options to be specced on Jeep.com.au for current JK model doesnā€™t fill me with confidence of getting the ā€˜groupsā€™ available in USA/CA. Maybe it's done at the dealer and they don't have an online configurator here.

https://www.jeep.com.au/wrangler-unlimited.html

Sponsored

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Update.

All dealers will have a demo by December with sale stock arriving Feburary 2019.

They still have no confirmed model specs yet.

This is from a dealership this morning from the manager.

OP
OP

a3lawy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350
Update.

All dealers will have a demo by December with sale stock arriving Feburary 2019.

Thank you for the update. That time-frame is quite disappointing as I cannot wait another 7+ months to purchase a car. Especially if it's likely to be the 2018 model anyway. Oh well, time to keep shopping.

OP
OP

a3lawy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350
Further update from Sydney: 2x demonstrator vehicles will be delivered in September for public to view and test drive (along with new Cherokee). Specifications and orders will open around then too for delivery approx February 2019 as Joey mentioned above. Boat journey takes approx 20 weeks alone.

There will likely be no (or very few) optional specs similar to 2018 but each trim level will have a specific set of 'options' included. Example: A Rubicon trim level will have certain packs/groups included by default and cannot be changed, added or removed. It's a fixed spec.

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Maybe holding off till they clear old stock. Guy at city jeep told me they have like 30 on the lot, but only 2 Rubicons are left in the country 1 in Sydney other Brisbane.

Sponsored

OP
OP

a3lawy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350
It does feel like it's going to drag out until early next year so I have gone the FJ Cruiser route for time being as need some wheels now and probably good place to start beginner courses.

I'll seriously consider a part exchange around Feb when the JLURs are more readily available.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Update.

Not so sure about that. jeep.co.uk already has specs up and is ahead. We won't get it before the UK, which is a much bigger market.

OP
OP

a3lawy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E350
I highly doubt the UK has a bigger Wrangler market if that's what you meant. Would probably still expect them to get it first due to logistics though.