Sponsored

Aussie 2021 Granite Crystal JLUR build

306overland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 YJ, 2020 JLU Sahara Altitude(sold), 2023 JLUR
I had to take the coils out, remove the bolts for the spacers and then put the spacers back in without bolts, much the same as the original rubber isolaters were, they were a pain to hold there and keep lined up while the coils went back in (used to double sided tape) but it seems like the bolts are more for convenience than anything else. I did consider running the bags upside down but then the air lines would be a lot more exposed, it would have worked though.
Good to know. Thanks for the reply!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Really impressive build, very nice mods. Im thinking of getting my very first Jeep next year and like following these mod threads. (I always thought Australia was the land of Toyota Land Cruisers or Land Rovers. Nice to see a Jeep there.)
The Japanese makes are by the far most popular here but Jeep has a great following with specific offroad Jeep events and clubs, realistically 90% of my wheelin' is done with other Jeeps :)

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Now the Jeep has the airbags for the trailer and this little addon turning up today I just need our Sydney lockdown to finish so I can test it all out with some remote travel :)

Got the Jeep branded Spot X, can't buy it in Australia and Spot don't ship here so ended up getting it to go to my US -> AUS forwarding address and saves a $100 or so in the process. Will grab a ram mount for it locally.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aussie 2021 Granite Crystal JLUR build 20210721_173133 (2)

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
So worked out it sits nicely in the Bulletpoint phone mount so ordered another arm and mount to mount it alongside my phone (which gets mounted in landscape for offroad mapping etc), saves sticking a ram mount to the windscreen. Will use the second ball on the dash mount and have it over near the steering wheel, wont worry about power since they have a pretty long battery life (days) and I can charge up at night in the camper etc.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aussie 2021 Granite Crystal JLUR build 20210722_120349

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
All ready for some remote travel, just need us to get out of lockdown now, best I could do was the local fish and chip shop for some dinner, didn't really need the Spot X or Gaia Maps on Android auto for it or the check on the second battery setup.... but hey.... going a little stir crazy I guess.

Jeep Wrangler JL Aussie 2021 Granite Crystal JLUR build 20210807_182853

jbzonda

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Night Eagle
Finally completed the snorkel, extended the drain out behind the front bumper for easy access, also silicon-ed a few bits as the airbox extension piece didn't seem to seal very well.

Also have a towbar now, can finally tow the camper again once I fit the brake controller.

20210515_140553.jpg
Clean build so far man. Im wanting to get this snorkel and im a tad anxious about the reviews that consistently say the fitting isnt great, what did you have to silicone?

OP
OP
Steve F

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Clean build so far man. Im wanting to get this snorkel and im a tad anxious about the reviews that consistently say the fitting isnt great, what did you have to silicone?
I just added some silicon to the piece that replaces the inlet on the factory airbox, it has some foam seals but they ae not great, silicon it on and all good after that.
Sponsored