Aug 10, 2020 TSB 08-074-20

Crisis64

First Name
Lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
Hello All, I have recently had TSB 08-07-420 installed on my 2019 JL Sport, & found little change to the "Steering Feel" I still have about 2" of play at the center of steering wheel, & Jeep still requires constant correction to stay within the lane, driving this on the highway is scary, especially on windy days & in construction zones. I have all the previous TSB's already applied to my Jeep & still there is play. Biggest issue I'm having now is dealing with the dealerships as they are refusing to see me, & as a result of that, I have started a case in Canada called CAMVAP, which is a light version of the US Lemon Law, but with no teeth!
This is Safety Issue with these JL's, & I can't understand for the Life of Me why FCA, keeps down playing this as a "Jeep Thing" I have previously owned an 85 CJ7 back in the day, & I drove this thing all over Canada & the US, & the CJ7 never used to wander like this JL does!!!
I have also brought my Jeep to an independent expert, & they also confirm this is a Safety Issue!!!
Hopefully their report along with all the previous TSB's that FCA has announced will strengthen my case!!!
I have included 2 Vid's Before & After latest TSB
BTW: for all you folks in the US, the speed is in KMph not Mph
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

stevenc

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
Did you check and confirm whether they replaced the correct steering box?

OP
OP
Crisis64

Crisis64

First Name
Lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
Did you check and confirm whether they replaced the correct steering box?
Yes they have replaced the steering box with the new box, my suspicions here is there are still software issues that needs to be addressed

stevenc

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
Try contacting FCA Jeep Canada Customer Concern. (1-800-465-2001). Someone on the other thread got his issues resolved related to this TSB.

OP
OP
Crisis64

Crisis64

First Name
Lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
Try contacting FCA Jeep Canada Customer Concern. (1-800-465-2001). Someone on the other thread got his issues resolved related to this TSB.
I haven’t tried them since before the TSB was done, but they were also refusing to push further, pushing me back to the dealerships.
This is the Biggest reason I have started the CAMVAP case, as I feel I’m being Ping Ponged between dealerships & FCA Customer support!!!
Sponsored