Sponsored

Audio System - Buyers Remorse

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
The 8.4” display and the Alpine are possibly the best option value of the JL, IMHO. It’s difficult to imagine how a 3rd party alternative would be better integrated. Someone already commented that there are other options that could be much more easily added later than the audio system. Steel bumpers, as an example.
Sponsored

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara
I would be interested in the red dash trim! I have a Mojito on order and it does not come with the red!
Someone in the Mojito thread swapped out for red and hasn’t fallen in love with it yet. But they posted pics so you can see.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Might as well wait on Alpine to do s retrofit. Do you really need a subwoofer?
Yes you need the sub! haha, I never had a sub "back in the day"... now Im almost 40 listening to music from high school so I can relive what most of my friends experienced in their cars. :rock::rock::rock::jk:

I love the Alpine system, it rocks! You can crank it up, bass and volume, and I dont notice any distortion. They did a really good job. Also, when going for aftermarket systems, make sure your new speakers all end up water proof (resistant) as the stock and Alpine systems are made to take a bit of water.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I wasn't thrilled with my Alpine system initially until I activated the equalizer in spotify, adjusted the frequencies and the system sprung to life. I absolutely love the Alpine system.
I had no idea Spotify had an equalizer. The Alpine system is so good just boosting it internally, but now you've given me something else to play with. Cant wait to check it out at lunch.

vinis11

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
YEA, I've got buyers remorse. Had this 2018 Wrangler JL Sport for little more than 48 hours. Coming from a 2012 Chrysler 200 S Convertible. Aside from the speed and gas difference (the 200 was substantially better), my biggest complaint is the stereo. Yes, I'm serious. Was talked out of the Sahara which had the Alpine upgrade option. This stock stereo sucks bad.

This was not bought for off roading but for road trips. Further, the wife is far more at ease in this than in a lower car, hence the purchase.

I've watched other threads in here say that with the top down, the sound is bad on all cars. Not true. The 200 had stock 4 6x9s that would handle top up or down.

I'm having a difficult time finding upgrades for the JL sound bar vs the JK.

So here are the questions:

Is there really a difference between the JL & JK sound bar?

Has anyone else tried to put 6x9s in the sound bar? How did they turn out?

What other brand speaker upgrades do you recommend OTHER then Alpine?

Sponsored

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
I put a $90 self powered sub in the rear (stock 7” system). Turned down the bass on the radio and it is night and day better. I’ll replace the speakers for middle of the road Infinity/ Polk or Alpine speakers, at some point.

I’m willing to bet it’ll mostly be indecernable with the Alpine’s sound quality for $1200 less. I don’t have off road pages and have a smaller screen. But, I don’t regret not buying the alpine system.

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
The downside to a 2-door with the Alpine is the loss of your rear storage compartment. I agree the extra money seems very worthwhile but make sure you know what you’re losing.
Any issues with the sub in the floor at all? That is the only thing that really concerns me.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Any issues with the sub in the floor at all? That is the only thing that really concerns me.
The sub was in the floor of the later JKs but was moved to the right side panel in the rear of the JLs.

HoosierJL

First Name
Fletch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
The sub was in the floor of the later JKs but was moved to the right side panel in the rear of the JLs.
The sub is still in the floor in the 2 door JL's. I have one. I also had a 2017 hard rock unlimited with sub in the floor.
Sponsored