Audio cutting in and out

JEVZ1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Punk'N
Read through this whole thread hoping to find MY problem. 2018 JL with the 8.4 NAV radio. My audio would go out for a period of time, then come back in. This is just driving down the highway. Today, I have a solid tone coming through the speakers in the background. Happens on AM/FM and SXM. Goes off when you hit mute. Hows that for an annoyance?
Sponsored

natedoggg101

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara 2018
Yep... you are 100% right... was hoping deep downside me pulling fuse F97 fixed it long term but it acted up again this morning with "NO REMOTE START"

In your opinion do I even bother with taking it to the dealer or just wait for the TSB and over the air update?

I have an appointment for Monday.
I would say don't bother, went 3 times, they changed the entire Uconnect system and it's still happenening... FCA will need to officially address this issue soon this is getting shameful.

glenville

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler jl
this happened to me one day only so far....it was a weird event....I thought it was sat radio only...but when plugged in ipod to play music, same thing happened....

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I’ve already taken mine to the dealer, as with everyone else. The only “solution” is replacing the radio, but a few members who had theirs replaced had the issue return.

As far as I know, there is no TSB for Wranglers. There is one for the RAMs and Cherokees, but only for the 8.4” screen without navigation. That’s how I know it’s a software issue, as well as a member on the RAM forum confirming his was fixed with the TSB.

Check my post a few pages back, linking to the 5thGenRam forum. I’ve outlined in detail the steps I’ve taken of trying to resolve this.

OP - can we update the first post with the information we’ve gathered so far? This will reduce the number of posts on this thread, making it less confusing for everyone.
Good Idea, I will update it tmrw.

RIC3BOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Has anyone tried disabling "Active Park Guidelines" in the Settings menu under Camera?

I've disabled mine for now, and the issue has seemed to go away. I've done multiple starts the last 48 hours.

Sponsored

jstepy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4xe
Has anyone tried disabling "Active Park Guidelines" in the Settings menu under Camera?

I've disabled mine for now, and the issue has seemed to go away. I've done multiple starts the last 48 hours.
I will give it a shot

slivko626

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Red 2" Mopar Lift
Our JLUR has had intermittent problems with this. Experienced this once about month ago for entire 40 min drive home - made me crazy. Did battery disconnect once I got home that did not fix it, but then it went back to normal next day. Dealer couldn't replicate of course. Yesterday back up lines disappeared, today still no back up lines and now radio is cutting out. Weird coincidence but will try turning off "active park guidelines"...

cbournis

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Turned off the Active Parking Lines and did NOT need to pull the fuse this morning... HMMMM.... Will update everyone if it comes back... The weather is beginning to warm up so not sure when i will have the problem again... Jeep did call yeaterday and asked me to make an appointment with my dealer so they can replace the AMP and not the radio...

I do not think its the AMP as the problem goes away when you make a phone call....

We will soon see what happens...

RIC3BOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Turned off the Active Parking Lines and did NOT need to pull the fuse this morning... HMMMM.... Will update everyone if it comes back... The weather is beginning to warm up so not sure when i will have the problem again... Jeep did call yeaterday and asked me to make an appointment with my dealer so they can replace the AMP and not the radio...

I do not think its the AMP as the problem goes away when you make a phone call....

We will soon see what happens...
I doubt it has anything to do with the weather, the amp/radio hardware, how we start the truck, etc. I've been doing troubleshooting for the past 2 months on this. It happens randomly and I can't quite put my finger on it.

So far disabling the active park guidelines has worked. Its been 3 days so far.

For the record - if this is the workaround until FCA gets their act together for a full resolution and root cause analysis - I want full credit! :)

cbournis

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I doubt it has anything to do with the weather, the amp/radio hardware, how we start the truck, etc. I've been doing troubleshooting for the past 2 months on this. It happens randomly and I can't quite put my finger on it.

So far disabling the active park guidelines has worked. Its been 3 days so far.

For the record - if this is the workaround until FCA gets their act together for a full resolution and root cause analysis - I want full credit! :)

What model JL do you have? Do you have the steel bumpers?

Sponsored

RIC3BOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
What model JL do you have? Do you have the steel bumpers?
I'm not a Wrangler owner :)

I'm a RAM 1500 owner. Although I am somewhat pushing my wife into a Wrangler or 4Runner to replace her X3. FWIW I've had a 4Runner before, traded her in for the RAM.

RIC3BOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Ugh, literally spoke too soon. My first start after posting above I got the issue again.

There goes my theory.

cbournis

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Ugh, literally spoke too soon. My first start after posting above I got the issue again.

There goes my theory.
Just made my appointment with my dealer.... Day after Christmas.... Hopefully we can figure it out then...

cbournis

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Yup... Drive home tonight... Stuttering.... Parking lines have no effect... It was also over 40 degrees... So there goes my theory of it only happening under 38 degrees..
Sponsored