Audio cutting in and out

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
My experience was that this happened during the last two winters and stopped last summer and early fall. So from that standpoint the temps made a difference. But during the winter timing would be random, on days as cold as 10 degrees it would work fine (or not) and on other days at 40 degrees it would act up. This would happen Every 10 days or so.

Either way, the backup camera replacement has fixed the problem for me for two months and counting now. (Knock on wood).

upload_2020-3-6_9-34-55.jpeg

upload_2020-3-6_9-34-55.png
Sponsored

OHIIIIIIIO

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara
My experience was that this happened during the last two winters and stopped last summer and early fall. So from that standpoint the temps made a difference. But during the winter timing would be random, on days as cold as 10 degrees it would work fine (or not) and on other days at 40 degrees it would act up. This would happen Every 10 days or so.

Either way, the backup camera replacement has fixed the problem for me for two months and counting now. (Knock on wood).

upload_2020-3-6_9-34-55.jpeg

upload_2020-3-6_9-34-55.png
Did they replace just the camera or wires as well? Still waiting on my third head unit after the first one replacement they provided failed. Iā€™m going to buy the camera myself since getting nowhere from Jeep, but need to know if the wires were also replaced by those with successful replacements. Thanks all...

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Something I noticed on my radio yesterday was if I press mute, then unmute, the screen goes to the backup camera. Mute and unmute brings the normal display back. I assume it's not supposed to do that?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Something I noticed on my radio yesterday was if I press mute, then unmute, the screen goes to the backup camera. Mute and unmute brings the normal display back. I assume it's not supposed to do that?

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please send us a message with more details so I can look into this further.

Alison
JeepCares

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
I notice when I remote start some times my rear camera goes blue and my radio skips. 2020 JLUR

Sponsored

TFraley

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler unlimited
This morning I got into my JL after remote starting it ( Iā€™ve done this before) and I get in and the audio is on SXM and cutting in and out. I thought maybe it had something to do with SXM so I plugged in my phone and started Spotify to play a song. Same thing, about every 4-5 seconds the audio pauses for .5 seconds then comes back. Very frustrating, only 550 miles and 13 days of ownership.

Anyone have any idea how I can fix it?
This has been a problem with the Jeeps since 2012. What works for some does not work for everyone. I own a 2015 wrangler , same issues, tried everything including repacing radio nothing worked finally bypassed the canbus wiring system , ran new wiring no more issues

Loftness

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Itā€™s 90 degrees outside and my 2020 Wrangler just did this for the first time. Obviously nothing to do with cold weather. I used the push button to start the car, not remote start (though it is equipped). Cuts out every couple seconds on all audio (XM, FM, AM, and Apple Play).
Is there a consensus on the fix yet? I see a lot of comments on the backup camera.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Itā€™s 90 degrees outside and my 2020 Wrangler just did this for the first time. Obviously nothing to do with cold weather. I used the push button to start the car, not remote start (though it is equipped). Cuts out every couple seconds on all audio (XM, FM, AM, and Apple Play).
Is there a consensus on the fix yet? I see a lot of comments on the backup camera.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
As a follow up, after having suffered the cutting out issue for two winters, since having the Backup camera replaced on Jan 3, no cutting out issues since.

24fpsecond

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Sting-Gray 4xe
The volume wasnā€™t changing, it was cutting in and out.
Same over here. Iā€™ve had my Jeep a month and half and the cutting out is intermitten. The left side speakers cut out frequently. Itā€˜s heading back to the dealership anyway, Iā€™m waiting for a new e-brake assembly replacement.

Sponsored

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
After 2 winters, several dealer visits, star case, and COVID delays, the dealer finally just replaced my backup cam last week. Jeep wanted them to do wiring testing in the cold weather but with covid delays that wasn't an option so this time they just replaced it. $150 part that they probably spent $500+ on labor. Lets hope the issue does not come back with the cold weather but I'm optimistic!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I notice when I remote start some times my rear camera goes blue and my radio skips. 2020 JLUR
Same over here. Iā€™ve had my Jeep a month and half and the cutting out is intermitten. The left side speakers cut out frequently. Itā€˜s heading back to the dealership anyway, Iā€™m waiting for a new e-brake assembly replacement.
Please let us know via private message if you need assistance getting this concern addressed as we understand how frustrating this may be.

Lydia
JeepCares

FyrMdc

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I am having issues with the audio not working after starting the vehicle. No matter what source I select. I can turn the volume control and see the value increase and decrease but no audio. I also have no backup line intermittently when putting it in reverse. The other day I just got a black screen when putting my Jeep in reverse.

Of course turning the vehicle off and back on resets the issue but hard to do going 65 mph down the road.

Dave

BlueCruzer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I am having issues with the audio not working after starting the vehicle. No matter what source I select. I can turn the volume control and see the value increase and decrease but no audio. I also have no backup line intermittently when putting it in reverse. The other day I just got a black screen when putting my Jeep in reverse.

Of course turning the vehicle off and back on resets the issue but hard to do going 65 mph down the road.

Dave
I was having strange audio behavior in my 8.4. I pulled my fuses (F97 and F102) to reboot the Uconnect. No more issues in the 3 months since. Uconnect is a computer with software. Hardware eventually fails and software eventually works....maybe.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Check your Tazer settings.....
Sponsored