DavidRam

DavidRam

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 door
Curious your thoughts on Morel vs Focal? Looking at a 2door again and was wanting to do a somewhat custom sound system. Utilizing stock locations if possible. And just one amp. Small but powerful.
Both make great speakers, it totally depends on what series...
Sponsored

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Curious your thoughts on Morel vs Focal? Looking at a 2door again and was wanting to do a somewhat custom sound system. Utilizing stock locations if possible. And just one amp. Small but powerful.
I run Focal in my Subaru and Morel in my jeep. With passive crossovers, focal is too bright for me. I run active on the Morel system, it sounds amazing. I'm not sure if I could completely correct the brightness of the focal system if I were to run it active, but I do know that I enjoy the sound of Morel run passive. Something to consider.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 door
The two 12"s, are hands down the winner. To my taste and IMHO, it's like this:

#1 - two 12" Brahmas
#2 - 10" Hutchinson
#3 - 15" Brahma

AGAIN, this is BEFORE touching the tune. I'm certain the 15" would sound better after tuning (as would/will the two 12"s), but the 15" has not blown me away in any area, yet. Now two 15"s (which are impossible to fit) would be pretty insane, I'm sure!
The other factor that might be affecting the sound more significantly than we think, is rear facing on the 15" and down firing on the 12"s and the 10". If that is the case, than rear facing is NOT helping the sub at all in this Jeep.

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel
The two 12"s, are hands down the winner. To my taste and IMHO, it's like this:

#1 - two 12" Brahmas
#2 - 10" Hutchinson
#3 - 15" Brahma

AGAIN, this is BEFORE touching the tune. I'm certain the 15" would sound better after tuning (as would/will the two 12"s), but the 15" has not blown me away in any area, yet. Now two 15"s (which are impossible to fit) would be pretty insane, I'm sure!
The other factor that might be affecting the sound more significantly than we think, is rear facing on the 15" and down firing on the 12"s and the 10". If that is the case, than rear facing is NOT helping the sub at all in this Jeep.
You know what would make the neighbours really hate you.....

A removable ported box that will really let the 15 sing ;). Best of both worlds, 12s when the kids are with you and 15 to let the world know you're coming 3 blocks before you get there.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 door
You know what would make the neighbours really hate you.....

A removable ported box that will really let the 15 sing ;). Best of both worlds, 12s when the kids are with you and 15 to let the world know you're coming 3 blocks before you get there.

Haha! That would be nuts/awesome, but it would have to be TWO 15"s... ;)

This 15" is rated at 1,000 watts and I'm giving it an estimated 2,200rms right now, so it won't last long like that, ESPECIALLY in a ported box...

Sponsored

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 door
DONE! These 12"s are incredible!!!

IMG-20210203-121517246.jpg

IMG-20210203-144624517.jpg

Talk about close, huh?!

IMG-20210203-144810656.jpg

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 door
Well, the extra weight dropped the rear about 3/8" (I like the front/back to be as level as possible), so .5" spacers will be going in soon... :facepalm:

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 door
Added .5" spacers to the rear to make up for the sagging from the heavier sub box... The rear is now 1/8" higher than the front. That's as close to level as I can get it, I think.

IMG-20210218-094957246-HDR.jpg

jollycj

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jolly
I run Focal in my Subaru and Morel in my jeep. With passive crossovers, focal is too bright for me. I run active on the Morel system, it sounds amazing. I'm not sure if I could completely correct the brightness of the focal system if I were to run it active, but I do know that I enjoy the sound of Morel run passive. Something to consider.
Which morels did You install? I’m looking at them, don’t want anything to bright. Thx
Sponsored