BikiniJL

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon ordered
Hi Guys,

Ordered a Bikini Rubicon yesterday. I opted for what the dealer could find in AU stock rather than build and wait. The unit he found has the Luxury Pack which I want but I want black fenders. What are my options here?

Thanks
Sponsored

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Hi Guys,

Ordered a Bikini Rubicon yesterday. I opted for what the dealer could find in AU stock rather than build and wait. The unit he found has the Luxury Pack which I want but I want black fenders. What are my options here?

Thanks
Honestly.. I'd leave them painted.

I was in the same boat when i bought my JLUR.. I wanted mojito with black fenders.. wasnt possible.. but now the colour coded fenders in my opinion make it look better after i went back to the states and saw my exact build with black fenders...

If you really want them black, gloss, satin or matte, Go see my friends up in near you.. Exclusive wraps.. They can vinyl wrap them and i highly recommend there work, theyve helped me on some projects in the past and are really good people.

That way if you dont like the the black, you can easily remove it after.. I wouldnt spend the money on buying black fenders, just wrap them.

OP
OP
BikiniJL

BikiniJL

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon ordered
Thanks Jaydee,

You're right I will leave them painted. I'll check out Exclusive Wraps for protection.

BTW I'm very jealous of your mojito - was my first choice.

Are you running with drawers in your rig? I've done a hell of a lot of searching on this front and I'm leaning towards Drifta.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Thanks Jaydee,

You're right I will leave them painted. I'll check out Exclusive Wraps for protection.

BTW I'm very jealous of your mojito - was my first choice.

Are you running with drawers in your rig? I've done a hell of a lot of searching on this front and I'm leaning towards Drifta.
Good option on the painted.. I feel it also makes them look a little more premium and distants itself a little more from the older JK's =)

Yeah im loving the Mojito... very rare to see them around, Pretty happy with it in the end considering i had to order it without seeing the paint in person haha.

I havent done drawers yet as im worried about the weight from convential drawers, I do have a aluminium shelf in the back. Drifta do make quality gear and ive ordered stuff for my jeep from them already, But im conidering a aluminium draw set up from the states.. I cant remember where i saw them but thats the path i'll probably head if i cant find something similiar locally.

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Bikini is the bomb mate looks amazing in real life. There is a fully optioned one sitting in Quarantine in Melbourne if you want the vin for the dealer will be released in 2 weeks.

received_350001162633371.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
BikiniJL

BikiniJL

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon ordered
Bikini is the bomb mate looks amazing in real life. There is a fully optioned one sitting in Quarantine in Melbourne if you want the vin for the dealer will be released in 2 weeks.

Jeep Wrangler JL AU Rubicon Fenders received_350001162633371
Thanks Joey

Can you PM that VIN number? It's probably the same one my dealer is looking at but I'd like to double check.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Good option on the painted.. I feel it also makes them look a little more premium and distants itself a little more from the older JK's =)

Yeah im loving the Mojito... very rare to see them around, Pretty happy with it in the end considering i had to order it without seeing the paint in person haha.

I havent done drawers yet as im worried about the weight from convential drawers, I do have a aluminium shelf in the back. Drifta do make quality gear and ive ordered stuff for my jeep from them already, But im conidering a aluminium draw set up from the states.. I cant remember where i saw them but thats the path i'll probably head if i cant find something similiar locally.
Looking at drawers myself. OffRoad Systems (ORS) do aluminium. I have sent them a request for JL options. Their price list has JK listed.
http://www.offroadsystems.com.au/diy.html

echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at drawers myself. OffRoad Systems (ORS) do aluminium. I have sent them a request for JL options. Their price list has JK listed.
http://www.offroadsystems.com.au/diy.html

Give ATV Automotive a call. They told me that they were working with ORS to build something similar to goose gear for our JLs over here.

Like @BikiniJL , I was worried about weight as well... So I ordered American Adventure Lab's shelf, platform and slider instead and plan on using some frontrunner wolf packs. But if you don't mind the weight of a full drawer system, they do make drawers as well. The quality is pretty top notch with no noise so far. And service is good. So can always email or call them.
Jeep Wrangler JL AU Rubicon Fenders AAL Rack

De-Troy

First Name
De-Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon 2.2L T/D Bikini Pearl
Nice choice on colour you wont be disappointed! I Picked up mine on Friday 100% for painted fenders mine was a factory order at the end of Feb!(Lux Pack , Fenders and Colour coded roof) and being July build would of been one of the last bikinis to roll of the production as its discontinued for the MY21

Wrangler2.png

OP
OP
BikiniJL

BikiniJL

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon ordered
Finally picked mine up today.

Sponsored

Jeepster_Aus

First Name
Renier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
So many great colours on the JL, I had trouble deciding on a colour. Ended up with a full and safe colour - Granite Crystal. Not as bright but suits my more reserved personality.

I think I also prefer the body coloured fenders, just wish it was the high line ones like in the US.
This is mine - had it for almost three weeks and love it!!
Jeep Wrangler JL AU Rubicon Fenders C850E5FE-329F-45CA-A5E0-6CCEF032179C

OP
OP
BikiniJL

BikiniJL

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon ordered
So many great colours on the JL, I had trouble deciding on a colour. Ended up with a full and safe colour - Granite Crystal. Not as bright but suits my more reserved personality.

I think I also prefer the body coloured fenders, just wish it was the high line ones like in the US.
This is mine - had it for almost three weeks and love it!!
Jeep Wrangler JL AU Rubicon Fenders C850E5FE-329F-45CA-A5E0-6CCEF032179C
Great colour. Granite was my original order but I changed it at the last minute.

BTW I've been searching through the uconnect menus for the auto high beams. Can't find it. Any clues?