David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a x2o on a Rusty’s mount... it fits real easy.

F7A0B77E-5BA1-43F7-8D7C-9337FEF042DC.jpeg
Get my "Rusty's plate" this week, looks very clean and well matched that X2O!

I have same color combo and pulled my end caps a few weeks ago. Thanks for posting your pic @redracer. Very rugged looking and saved a few pounds.
Sponsored

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I just try to buy from actual people or stores I know OR at the very least support my hobbies - like jeeping; to each his own and sorry I mentioned it as I have certainly bought things from Amazon on occasion. In particular, hard to find motor oil and cheap detailing towels! Its a losing effort, one day soon I will never leave the house, Favor the food to my door and live with my VR goggles on ;)

dbungard

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I started installing a Zeon 10s today with the Warn winch plate. Got interrupted, but gong we’ll do far. Bumper is off, plate is on, winch in spooled and in place. Time to start buttoning everything back up and figure out how to route the power cables - lots less open space than JKs had. Another issue I’m seeing already is re-tighting the interior 4 of 8 bumper mounting bolts is going to be, well, challenging. Very little room for a socket wrench to get in there. Hoping I can slide the winch back and forth to get enough to suffer through getting those nuts back on.

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
Post some good pics. I had similar issue with the interior bolts and 10s install. You have to secure winch before putting bumper back on bc it covers up access to the front bolts. I managed to get 3 of the 4 interior bolts back on. The 4th simply was too close and the flared washer portion of the nut was too big to even get close to lined up. Also curious as to how tight yours is against the grill. Mine is touching but not anything I’m worried about. I used JCR plate.

OP
OP
JASPER

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
PATIENCE.. I did JCR winch plate with x2o and got all bolts tight, have a beer take your time 2 double universal socket

Sponsored

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
I agree, but all the patience in the world wouldn’t have helped me though. My clearence on one side simply wouldn’t allow the top inside bolt to fit. I could probably get a different more standard nut/washer that wasn’t as big and could get it on there, but I haven’t done that yet. Once the winch plate is mounted, the holes for the winch are where they are front to back. I had slots to allow side to side adjustment, but it had to be one or the other on my installation. As mentioned before, my personal preference was the zeon, but a smaller option would have made for a much easier installation.

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
I started installing a Zeon 10s today with the Warn winch plate. Got interrupted, but gong we’ll do far. Bumper is off, plate is on, winch in spooled and in place. Time to start buttoning everything back up and figure out how to route the power cables - lots less open space than JKs had. Another issue I’m seeing already is re-tighting the interior 4 of 8 bumper mounting bolts is going to be, well, challenging. Very little room for a socket wrench to get in there. Hoping I can slide the winch back and forth to get enough to suffer through getting those nuts back on.
Yes, this is a huge challenge. I found that you really need to have it centered up perfectly in order to get all 4 interior nuts back on. You can’t slide the winch back and forth because you have to secure it complete before putting the bumper on. Once the bumper is on, the winch mounts are covered up and tough to reach. A smaller winch would be MUCH easier.

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Post some good pics. I had similar issue with the interior bolts and 10s install. You have to secure winch before putting bumper back on bc it covers up access to the front bolts. I managed to get 3 of the 4 interior bolts back on. The 4th simply was too close and the flared washer portion of the nut was too big to even get close to lined up. Also curious as to how tight yours is against the grill. Mine is touching but not anything I’m worried about. I used JCR plate.
It took me quite a while to get my Zeon perfectly centered so that I could get all 4 interior nuts secured. A smaller winch would have been much easier to install for sure. I used the JCR plate as well. My winch definitely touches the grill. You can maybe slide a piece of paper between the winch and the grill but you can’t see daylight between them. And really, the JCR plate isn’t the issue. The Zeon can’t be mounted further forward because it hits the frame horns that the bumper is mounted to. Tight fit for sure.

bdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the same setup as you sitting in my garage. I'm curious to hear how your install is going as I will be doing the same thing once my Jeep is delivered.

dbungard

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I also can only get 3 of the 4 interior bolts back on. With the tools I have and the flare on the interior driver side top nut - it just won’t go. The flare on the nut interferes with the winch housing. I’m going to look for a nut without the flare.

It does not touch the grill with the Warn plate, but it’s close.

Sponsored

dbungard

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Here’s a shot post install. The other issue I ran into is the 2 rear most of the 7 bolts for the winch plate. Warn includes two spacers that go in between the bumper and frame, pushing it out about a 1/4”. That was enough to misalign those two bolts for me. I’ll need to drill/open up a couple holes on the winch plate

2A429DD2-27AF-473C-A3B3-A61A497A8F77.jpeg

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
Here are a few pics of mine for reference.

476387AA-CFB0-4C06-A78B-406AAC6B45FE.jpeg

7D4474DF-B022-4A2B-8712-ADF0006F795D.jpeg

61AFBACA-396E-441B-AEF5-C685949C87DB.jpeg

720609A4-DCB9-4FE7-A917-3197AA556E9C.jpeg

2711A1DA-66D4-48A2-8851-C0818A826D13.jpeg

6D7F91B3-AB73-4C65-8A3E-B88B5DBDB344.jpeg

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are a few pics of mine for reference.

476387AA-CFB0-4C06-A78B-406AAC6B45FE.jpeg

7D4474DF-B022-4A2B-8712-ADF0006F795D.jpeg

61AFBACA-396E-441B-AEF5-C685949C87DB.jpeg

720609A4-DCB9-4FE7-A917-3197AA556E9C.jpeg

2711A1DA-66D4-48A2-8851-C0818A826D13.jpeg

6D7F91B3-AB73-4C65-8A3E-B88B5DBDB344.jpeg
Nice work. Looks great! Did you buy new nuts so you could put the 3 bolts that are in the bumper in front of the winch back on? Right now, I just have 3 open holes in that spot.

Also, I like your fairlead. Is that Factor 55? Thanks!

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
Nice work. Looks great! Did you buy new nuts so you could put the 3 bolts that are in the bumper in front of the winch back on? Right now, I just have 3 open holes in that spot.

Also, I like your fairlead. Is that Factor 55? Thanks!
I had to do a few things (and I think I posted them in a different thread) to make this work. I did buy nuts so that I could replace the factory bolts. I just bough SS Nylon Threaded Lock Nuts and also trimmed the bolts so that there was no excess to interfere with the winch body (sides) and line. I went with the JCR Fairlead and the Factor 55 Flatlink E as well as the Rope Guard. As you can see in the first 3 pics, I had to trim the insides of the bumper mounts to make the edges flush with the JCR Winch Mount face. This was necessary to allow me to pull the 10S as far forward as was available. Still makes contact with the grill, but I used every inch of space that was available. I got a can of Rustoleum Gloss Black and a brush and touched up the frame mounts/rail before putting it all back together.

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to do a few things (and I think I posted them in a different thread) to make this work. I did buy nuts so that I could replace the factory bolts. I just bough SS Nylon Threaded Lock Nuts and also trimmed the bolts so that there was no excess to interfere with the winch body (sides) and line. I went with the JCR Fairlead and the Factor 55 Flatlink E as well as the Rope Guard. As you can see in the first 3 pics, I had to trim the insides of the bumper mounts to make the edges flush with the JCR Winch Mount face. This was necessary to allow me to pull the 10S as far forward as was available. Still makes contact with the grill, but I used every inch of space that was available. I got a can of Rustoleum Gloss Black and a brush and touched up the frame mounts/rail before putting it all back together.
Thank you for the info. Yes, I had to trim the bumper mounts as well. That beast is a tight fit! Any reason you went with the JCR fairlead over the Factor 55? I am using the Warn fairlead that came with the winch, but I like the look of the black rather than chrome.
Sponsored