TreeHugger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to get my internal facing dash cam to mount to the plastic above the rear view mirror but the 3M tape will only hold for about a day. Has anyone been able to get it to stick longer/better. Ideally it wouldn't be permanent or at least wouldn't damage the plastic should I remove the camera.
Sponsored

Rustydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I just mounted my radar detector up there with a mirror tap. I used 3M VHB. I wiped the area with alcohol and firmly stuck it in place. VHB tape is pretty decent stuff if applied proper. Clean surface and apply once. Don't stick and try to relocate. One time deal. Its been up there for a month and its been over 100 degrees out.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I installed a BlackVue camera about a month ago. The internal rear facing camera is holding fine with the double sided tape included in the BlackVue package. It's my front facing camera that just starting falling 2 days ago. Both cameras are stuck to the black plastic trim piece above the rear view mirror. I'm looking for a good sticky solution, rather than having to put a small screw through the trim piece.

DCAM - FRONT1.jpg

DCAM - REAR.jpg

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I sanded the spot where it would stick, then used Liquid Nails and stuck it up there. Used a broom handle to hold it in place overnight and its attached really well now, hasn't fallen down once.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I just mounted my radar detector up there with a mirror tap. I used 3M VHB. I wiped the area with alcohol and firmly stuck it in place. VHB tape is pretty decent stuff if applied proper. Clean surface and apply once. Don't stick and try to relocate. One time deal. Its been up there for a month and its been over 100 degrees out.
Thanks for the recommendation. I just ordered 3M VHB from Amazon. I will give it a try and see what happens.
Sponsored