Not open for further replies.

Rubicollie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Veterinarian
Got my kit in the mail the other day, and went to do the install today.

While I am thankful for being selected a winner in this giveaway, the kit does NOT work with the North American Rubicon hood.

Had the video camera all set up and ready to make an install video, but that wasn’t to be so.

There simply isn’t the locations to mount the hood side brackets.

You would have to cut out a 1” X 2” section of the inner hood, which I’m just not willing to do.

I watched a YouTube video of a similar item being installed and the underside of the hood, once the sound deadening material is removed, is very different.
I suspect the export model hoods are different than the North American version.

I haven’t been able to check a Sport or Sahara for fitment.
I'm in the same boat. Not gonna hack up my hood, so unfortunately not gonna work on my Rubi.
Sponsored

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
I have a Rubicon and was able to install the struts, but, I did have to drill 4 small holes and screwed the brackets to the interior hood. Once I did that, the struts work perfect.

korda

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 1970 CJ, 1962 Scout
I have a Rubicon and was able to install the struts, but, I did have to drill 4 small holes and screwed the brackets to the interior hood. Once I did that, the struts work perfect.
Did you use self tappers into the hood? I bought some on a Black Friday sale and went to install them this morning to see that the hood brackets weren’t going to work. I’ll probably just make a little angle bracket for the hood but I’m not sure I trust self-tappers for that. Maybe a riv-nut?

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Did you use self tappers into the hood? I bought some on a Black Friday sale and went to install them this morning to see that the hood brackets weren’t going to work. I’ll probably just make a little angle bracket for the hood but I’m not sure I trust self-tappers for that. Maybe a riv-nut?
I drilled small pilot holes and used sheet metal screws. Its definitely secure and no movement at all.

20191214_120218.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.