First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I love my atlas 5:1, in my TJ. It really makes driving with a manual on technical trails way more enjoyable compared to the 2.72:1 in the np231.
Jeep Wrangler JL Atlas JL Transfer Case 20200505_164242

I'm shocked it's taken AA so long to come out with a model for the JL. Seems to me like there'd be a strong demand for those who buy non rubicons or even those who did but now want the front dig feature.
Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I'm shocked it's taken AA so long to come out with a model for the JL. Seems to me like there'd be a strong demand for those who buy non rubicons or even those who did but now want the front dig feature.

How long did it take to get your 5:1?

Reactions: J0E

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker

Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
No... I have a TJ with a 5:1. I'm not special enough to be a tester for AA.
How do you like the 5:1?

I was bummed when they told me today they are only doing a 3.8 for the JL and would definitely NOT be doing a 5:1 (that’s the case I really wanted)

I tried as hard as possible to get them to do the 4.3 because I’m not going to downgrade. I’ve got 4:1 now so they need to at the least do a 4.3:1 for us diesel guys

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link

I was bummed when they told me today they are only doing a 3.8 for the JL and would definitely NOT be doing a 5:1 (that’s the case I really wanted)

I tried as hard as possible to get them to do the 4.3 because I’m not going to downgrade. I’ve got 4:1 now so they need to at the least do a 4.3:1 for us diesel guys
The TJ is a manual so I absolutely love the 5:1. My crawl ratio is right around 98:1 so I can point at a wall and the jeep will try and climb until it breaks traction on all 4 tires even locked without stalling. The 5:1 completely transformed that jeep, along with a psc ram.

We just bought our JLURD earlier this week so I haven't had a chance to take it offroad yet but I'm excited to see what it can do. Given it's stock now, it will be used for milder trails than the TJ until it starts growing.

I'll reserve my judgment on the AA vs 241 in the JLU until I'm more familiar with the platform but, I couldn't see swapping a 4:1 with something lower. I'd really need to see value in the front dig. I only use it as a party trick in the TJ since it's so nimble.

Last edited:

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
@Alex01 , what lockers do you have in the TJ? I’ve got Detroit’s front and rear, so the front dig on the YJ is nice since it likes to go straight. I’m getting a set of RCVs for it, so I won’t have to worry about popping a u-joint at full turn lock in the Dana 60, especially with the 42” IROKs. The Yukon chromoly ones in there now bind a little at full lock and I’ll use those as spares.

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
@Alex01 , what lockers do you have in the TJ? I’ve got Detroit’s front and rear, so the front dig on the YJ is nice since it likes to go straight. I’m getting a set of RCVs for it, so I won’t have to worry about popping a u-joint at full turn lock in the Dana 60, especially with the 42” IROKs. The Yukon chromoly ones in there now bind a little at full lock and I’ll use those as spares.
The TJ has factory rubicon lockers, it's a sport that had a 30/35 combo but I swapped 44s in years ago. So far I've been quite lucky with them but always keep the rear locked offroad to help encourage the lsd not to have an issue. The plan is to replace them with arb's or eaton's if/when they fail.

Love the TJ. Sounds/looks like you have a nice YJ.

Jeep Wrangler JL Atlas JL Transfer Case 20210522_202300

Last edited:

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Anyone heard any more updates?

Sponsored

Digger 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
The TJ has factory rubicon lockers, it's a sport that had a 30/35 combo but I swapped 44s in years ago. So far I've been quite lucky with them but always keep the rear locked offroad to help encourage the lsd not to have an issue. The plan is to replace them with arb's or eaton's if/when they fail.
FYI- It's been my experience that the TJ Rubi rear locker is MORE susceptible to failure locked than unlocked. The helical gears are very small and, when locked, they don't move so all of the torque goes thru the VERY small contact area.

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
FYI- It's been my experience that the TJ Rubi rear locker is MORE susceptible to failure locked than unlocked. The helical gears are very small and, when locked, they don't move so all of the torque goes thru the VERY small contact area.
I'm not dismissing your observations but I've heard the opposite. The consensus on the tjforum is that the lsd is prone to failure. Here is a photo I stole from another forum.

83445618_1447298028771508_1835846713697370112_n.jpg

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate

With the automatic's torque multiplication, why would you spend more to go lower than 4:1, Even with 40's? For a stick, that makes sense.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Any updates. Tried the old google machine it nothing came up

Nissan

First Name
Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi

Does anyone know what the transfer ratio is?
Sponsored

Last edited: