Sponsored

At what price increase do you say nope

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I was told to expect above $60k out the door. I don't know. I'm skeptical. But yeah, at that price I'm gone.... current loaded Rubi Recon would cost me low low $50's out the door. An increase of nearly $10,000 would certainly cause me to cancel my order.

I'm expecting upwards of $56k, i.e., an increase of about $3k to $5k over the JKU. I thought that was realistic until I saw $3500 for a transmission -- but as many have pointed out, these things are often inaccurate this early. I'm hopeful!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho JLU Sport S
If my chosen configuration (Rubicon 4-door with a few options, including dual top) it's within stone's throw of a new challenger hellcat, I might be out... Cheapest new hellcat on cars.com is around 55k. :P

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
If my chosen configuration (Rubicon 4-door with a few options, including dual top) it's within stone's throw of a new challenger hellcat, I might be out... Cheapest new hellcat on cars.com is around 55k. :P
That's funny, I was looking at used JK's and somehow ended up looking at Challenger Hellcats as well. I didn't realize you could get new ones for 55k. I found some used ones with around 15k miles in the mid 40's. IMO a Wrangler should not touch the new hellcat pricing unless it has the diesel with most options. I'm a die hard wrangler fan, but the hellcat Challenger is one of those cars that I've wanted since it was released.

2018JLU4ME

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Brilliant Black WK2 Limited
I was telling this to my dealer recently when i looked at a 17 JKU with 8k of add-ons the dealer put on.

Payment range was what it would have been for an SRT Charger with 0 money down.

Why the hell would I buy a JKU at the same pricepoint as that? Damn JKU has been in their showroom collecting salesman fingerprints for 6 months and they only budged 2grand on the price. Obsurd.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
When it gets to the point that you're getting less content, less comfort, less MPGs, less interior space, less safety, less towing capacity and barely more offroad capability than competing vehicles in the segment and you're having to pay more money for it despite all that....there's when you say no.

Come to think of it, that means every JL built will be a big NO.

:headbang:

Since it's going to be another 9 months before all JL configurations are available, we might as well wait and see what Ford does with the new Bronco.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I'm actually going to be cross shopping with the new F150. I can get a 2.7 Ecoboost (325 hp/400 tq) Supercrew with 4wd, Sync 3 w/Apple car play/android auto, 20" wheels/A/T tires. 19/24 mpg for $37,400 (after dealer discount) If my future JL build goes higher than that I'm out. The 9000 lb tow rating will probably destroy the JL and the JT.
Sponsored