Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I love rock crawling, but I'm not sure that getting into these situations would be "fun":

I've never had an automatic Jeep, so the commentary on why you'd keep your left foot on the brake was interesting. Now that begins to make sense.
Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I love rock crawling, but I'm not sure that getting into these situations would be "fun":

I've never had an automatic Jeep, so the commentary on why you'd keep your left foot on the brake was interesting. Now that begins to make sense.
Difference between normal Jeepers and one who does this with sponsors who pay to do this. Breaking the Jeep is not a big deal to them. Plus, its built to do more than normal Jeeps.

Would it be fun to do this of course it would.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
To me, purposely going over or through something to push the limits and possibly break something is where the fun ends. I‘m all for exploring, but I’m not purposely going though the deepest mud hole or the steepest rock.

I just want to enjoy the scenery of the road less traveled safely…

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Difference between normal Jeepers and one who does this with sponsors who pay to do this.
Breaking the Jeep is not a big deal to them.
+1. That video, like the channel from which it was drawn, is one long commercial.

Show us a Jeep owner who pays his own way, and doesn't yammer on simply to hear the sound of his, or her, own voice.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
It's not fun anymore when the cost exceeds your means and you're sick of making repairs. Also, If don't know how or don't want to do your own work, then cost is again a factor.

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

In the very first video they made with their brand new JLUR, still with temporary paper plates, they went over an obstacle meant for extremely built up vehicles. They dragged every inch of the underside and rear bumper on that one. It was stated right off the get go that their intention was to push the limits of its capabilities, and as they built it up, they kept pushing it.

I've always agreed with their mentality of building the Jeep as strong as possible, so as to minimize the chance of being broken down and stranded.

The 2 foot method is to keep the drivetrain from slide hammering fore and aft on its combined gear lash. The point is to minimize damage, while also providing a more comfortable and controlled ride.

ChrisTheGod

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha r6, Infiniti q60s conv, 2021 HYDRO RUBI
To me, purposely going over or through something to push the limits and possibly break something is where the fun ends. I‘m all for exploring, but I’m not purposely going though the deepest mud hole or the steepest rock.

I just want to enjoy the scenery of the road less traveled safely…
Yup I like this answer right here. When it gets to the point of me hearing something crack I’m done GG I’m just trying to go to areas where normal vehicles can’t but not enough where I need a 15k build to reach.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Yup I like this answer right here. When it gets to the point of me hearing something crack I’m done GG I’m just trying to go to areas where normal vehicles can’t but not enough where I need a 15k build to reach.
I also try to avoid tearing up the land and get stuff closed down… I also make it a goal, I come out with a full bag of trash.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Difference between normal Jeepers and one who does this with sponsors who pay to do this. Breaking the Jeep is not a big deal to them. Plus, its built to do more than normal Jeeps.

Would it be fun to do this of course it would.
They pay out of pocket for far more parts and repairs than some here seem to think.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
We've been wheeling for 20+ years. In my old xj or her old wj we would definitely push the limits, and end up breaking stuff almost every trip out. At some point the constant trail repairs and/or going back the following weekend with parts (or even the generator/welder/grinders/ etc depending on the level of destruction) got to be too much. That and our son was going in to high-school which left less free time for outings. We scaled way back, to mostly desert or forest road camping trips in the ram. 2019 we were ready to get back on the trails. Now that the 2019 JLUR is built to the point it is, we find ourselves back on the 7-8 rated trails, but enjoy a forest road or wide open desert just the same. We won't be heading to Fordyce any time soon, as body damage is too likely. We have run the dusy, John Bull, metal masher, steel bender, etc without damage or broken parts. The Rubicon trail is happening in late June and it's been 6-8 years since the last time we ran it. Breaking parts isn't fun, but I still enjoy toeing the line.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
It becomes less fun when I keep spending more time thinking about the next 10 yards than the next ten miles.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
It becomes less fun when I keep spending more time thinking about the next 10 yards than the next ten miles.
Or the next ten miles in 10 yard increments :)
Sponsored