Sponsored

At what point do you cancel your order?

steelrain82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Before I get started, I know many have waited months and months (turbo owners, and Canadians) for your order to start getting to you. I ordered a Sahara May 19th and it was officially ordered on May 23. However, I have officially been in JB for 8 weeks now with no reason given. My dealer doesn't know what the hold up is, and neither does jeep chat or customer service. Tomorrow morning starts day 59 in J and officially completes 12 weeks since being ordered .
At what point do I say just cancel my order and try to place a new order?

EDIT: Today my vehicle went into KZ status as I was calling to cancel. I'll wait to see the vehicle before I determine if I am canceling the order or not.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Would you be happier waiting to get a 2019 at this point, even knowing the price has increased? There are a few rumored new options for next year. Is it more important to you to get it sooner rather than later? Would you be happy with a dealer transfer of a Jeep with the options you want, or do you want the sticker with your name on it?

Out of curiosity, what are the options that you ordered that are out of the norm? Did you order a 2 door, a turbo, a soft top, a power top, or an unusual color?

OP
OP
steelrain82

steelrain82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
My wife's current vehicle is getting a little long in the tooth and acts like it's going to kick the bucket. So we ordered mid May with hopes of it getting here earlier. (originally told 4-6 weeks). JLU Sahara, matching paint, alpine stereo, Katskin leather, cold weather group, we didn't get anti-spin or selec-trac (its my wife's daily driver and we live in socal so not a lot of snow or rain. The only things that would have held it up are LEDs and headliner but we had an estimated ship date of 6/15. Every dealer I have looked has what pretty much every thing we are looking for except it usually is missing something, headliners, or cold weather, or alpine system, hell I even found one by my mom in AZ that had every option available except headliners for even less. It our dealer could find the exact match we would be happy to get a transfer.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I even found one by my mom in AZ that had every option available except headliners for even less. It our dealer could find the exact match we would be happy to get a transfer.
You do realize these headliners are installed after the Jeep is built at the factory while in JB status. These same headliners can be installed at the dealer. I don't have experience with them but I have read others state that Hot Head headliner is better than factory ones.

If that Jeep is still available you may want to see if your dealer can get it and simply install the headliner for you before you pick it up.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Search and see if there’s one that matches your requirements at a dealership in the area, or that can be transferred to a local dealership. Buy that one and cancel the order.

Sponsored

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Before I get started, I know many have waited months and months (turbo owners, and Canadians) for your order to start getting to you. I ordered a Sahara May 19th and it was officially ordered on May 23. However, I have officially been in JB for 8 weeks now with no reason given. My dealer doesn't know what the hold up is, and neither does jeep chat or customer service. Tomorrow morning starts day 59 in J and officially completes 12 weeks since being ordered .
I ordered a loaded 3.6 Sahara on 4/4 hoping to get to use it beaching this year. After numerous delays I finally cancelled it a couple of weeks ago. My thoughts for canceling were:
1) It’s a end of year model and I’m not getting any discount for what is a leftover 2018.
2) As it’s a 2018 it’s value has already depreaciated so why pay full price for a vehicle that technically has a years worth of depreciation.
3) Rumors have new options available for the 19’s that I may or may not be interested in. The order banks for the 19’s are rumored to open up early Sept. I decided to wait and order the newer model year.
4) Yes I’m going to have to wait until Dec., Jan, or even Feb. for the vehicle to arrive(hopefully this will not be the case). I’m in no rush now that the summer is winding down so why not wait for a newer vehicle.
5) With the 2.0 engine finally being delivered I can now see from reviews if it’s worth going that route rather then the 3.6. Both are rumored to have BSG so BSG would not be a driving force in the decision.

Everyone has to make their own decision, I’m happy with mine. Whatever you decide to do it will be right choice you no matter what the responses you get here are. Good luck.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
I am with you...just passed the 9 week mark. I just don’t see why some orders are filled in 3 weeks and others take months. Maybe if there was better communication from Jeep it would make more sense, but as it stands, it just makes it disappointing.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Was told today by corp that they added another month of production to the 2018. 2019 has been pushed back a month.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
My wife's current vehicle is getting a little long in the tooth and acts like it's going to kick the bucket. So we ordered mid May with hopes of it getting here earlier. (originally told 4-6 weeks). JLU Sahara, matching paint, alpine stereo, Katskin leather, cold weather group, we didn't get anti-spin or selec-trac (its my wife's daily driver and we live in socal so not a lot of snow or rain. The only things that would have held it up are LEDs and headliner but we had an estimated ship date of 6/15. Every dealer I have looked has what pretty much every thing we are looking for except it usually is missing something, headliners, or cold weather, or alpine system, hell I even found one by my mom in AZ that had every option available except headliners for even less. It our dealer could find the exact match we would be happy to get a transfer.
I’m guessing it’s the Katskin. If you ordered that on a new Jeep, it’s probably installed at the dealer or during job status. Since your dealer doesn’t know the holdup, I bet that’s it. Regular leather would go through quicker.

OP
OP
steelrain82

steelrain82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I'm hoping so. I found a jeep with everything we were looking for, except leather, at a relatively local dealer. So if my dealer can get it and do the Katzkin and wrap the dash, which he thinks they can, then we will get it. Otherwise my wife says she will look else where for a different vehicle. Her car her choice I guess.

I did find one that matched perfectly an hour away, but that dealer says it is an delivered order. that sucks.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I know I was told that jb status stuff was done by an outside vendor, also in Toledo. So things have to be transferred over there and back. They do headliners, stickers, etc. probably the katzkins too..... unless yet another vendor is involved in those! Still, I’d be willing to bet that’s the holdup.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Two weeks ago. That’s when I would have cancelled my order if I were in your shoes.
At this point I’d rather search the dealers and drive the thing I am buying. No surprises, and no waiting.
I bought my loaded Rubicon off the lot. I’m sure I overpaid compared to most, but I got what I wanted when I wanted and no funny steering or weird noises. I bought mine the day you ordered yours, 10,000 miles later I am the happier one lol.

OP
OP
steelrain82

steelrain82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Yeah I agree with you. But after being on this forum and hearing about LED delays and then I ordered Katzkin leather straight from the factory I figured I would wait it out. Today I called to cancel my order then at the same moment the tracker notified of my sticker being found and my dealer saying my vehicle actually went in KZS. I think all my incessant calling and complaining finally paid off. Now I just wait for everything to arrive with no issues.

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
Yeah I agree with you. But after being on this forum and hearing about LED delays and then I ordered Katzkin leather straight from the factory I figured I would wait it out. Today I called to cancel my order then at the same moment the tracker notified of my sticker being found and my dealer saying my vehicle actually went in KZS. I think all my incessant calling and complaining finally paid off. Now I just wait for everything to arrive with no issues.
Who were you pestering with calls? Jeep chat? Dealer? I’ve been in inspection for 39 days, so I’m growing a bit impatient.
Sponsored