Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
(Edit: The build list is on post #7.)

I ordered my Goose Gear set up on May 25th, which finally arrived on August 1st. Unfortunately, it took most of the day to install it because I was wasting time and moving slowly. However, I am pretty happy with how it turned out. My dog likes it because he has more room in the back now. Earlier this summer, I installed the Outback Adventures Trailgater Table, which I am pleased with. Hopefully, my roof rack will show up next week.

Jeep Wrangler JL Astro Jeep's JLURD Build IMG_6844

Jeep Wrangler JL Astro Jeep's JLURD Build IMG_6845

Jeep Wrangler JL Astro Jeep's JLURD Build IMG_6842

Jeep Wrangler JL Astro Jeep's JLURD Build IMG_6848
Sponsored

Last edited:

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Really nice setup Darryl! What's next?

-Steven

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Really nice setup Darryl! What's next?

-Steven
Thank you, Steven. I have an ARS Rocklander Stealth Rack system that should be here next week. I also ordered an MPS overhead molle rack that I will mount a GMRS radio. I am still researching the radio, but I am leaning towards the Wouxun KG-1000G. My wheels and suspension, I am leaving it stock for now.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Thank you, Steven. I have an ARS Rocklander Stealth Rack system that should be here next week. I also ordered an MPS overhead molle rack that I will mount a GMRS radio. I am still researching the radio, but I am leaning towards the Wouxun KG-1000G. My wheels and suspension, I am leaving it stock for now.
Nice, I ran ARS (Kargo Master before MC bought them) on my previous JK build. I was really impressed with the stoutness as well as the way the finish held up over time. I saw Mike from ARS and his JT build at EJS this year, the ARS line just keeps getting better I think. Are you thinking on a RTT?

Looking forward to seeing the build progress✌🏻

-Steven

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Nice, I ran ARS (Kargo Master before MC bought them) on my previous JK build. I was really impressed with the stoutness as well as the way the finish held up over time. I saw Mike from ARS and his JT build at EJS this year, the ARS line just keeps getting better I think. Are you thinking on a RTT?

Looking forward to seeing the build progress✌🏻

-Steven
I apologize, I just saw this post. I am looking to get a RTT. I am still researching.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Since the last time I posted, I installed an Adventure Rack Systems Rocklander Stealth safari style rack and attached a 23 Zero 270° awning. The rack ties into a Metalcloak full-width rear bumper. I would not have picked the Metalcloak bumper had it not been for the ARS rack, but ARS is a division of Metalcloak, and I was more concerned about having a working solution.

There is nothing wrong with the Metalcloak bumper. It is stout, and I cannot imagine it ever flexing into the body. However, what I initially saw as a negative I now see as a positive is the replaceable end caps on the bumper.

ARS has solutions for the Mopar bumpers and a "solution" for other aftermarket bumpers, but they don't guarantee compatibility except with the Metalcloak and Mopar bumpers. Because of that, I just went with the Metalcloak bumper and am happy with it.

This morning I dropped the Jeep off with CB Adventure Supply and had them install the iKamper 3.0 mini. I could have installed the RTT myself, but it is bulky, and it would have been difficult for one guy to do it alone without damaging the Jeep. I cannot say enough about the crew at CB Adventure Supply in Fort Worth.

IMG_7360.jpeg

IMG_7359.jpeg

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mods Installed:
1) Outback Adventure Trailgater
2) Goose Gear Stealth Sleep Package with Infill Panels
3) Goose Gear Solo Fridge Slide
4) Molle Platform Solutions Front Overhead Molle Panel
5) Wouxun KG-1000G GMRS Mobile Radio
6) Metalcloak Full-Width Rear Bumper
7) ARS Rocklander Stealth Rack System
8) 23 Zero Peregrine 270° Awning
9) iKamper 3.0 Mini RTT
10) MOPAR Rubicon Stubby Front Bumper
11) Maximus-3 Satellite Antenna Relocation Kit
12) Clayton Offroad Jeep Wrangler Diesel 3.5" Premium Lift Kit
13) FOX 2.0 Performance Series IFP 3.5-4" Front and Rear Shocks
14) Re-gear from 3.73 to 4.56
15) Reid Racing Heavy Duty Driver and Passenger Replacement Knuckles
16) Synergy Heavy Duty Ball Joints
17) EVO Mfg D44 M210 Advantec Axel Truss Kit
18) Teraflex Delta Big Brake Kit
19) Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x12.5R17 mounted on Black Hutchinson Rock Monster Beadlocks
20) GenRight Swing Out Aluminum Rear Tire Carrier with Camera Mount, Licence Plate Mount, and 3rd Brake Light
21) 23 Zero Peregrine Shower Enclosure
22) Warn Zeon 12S Winch on a Warn Winch Plate
23) XG Cargo Gamma Storage Stealth Bags
24) RokBlokz Front XL Mud Flaps
25) Adam's Front and Rear Solid CV Driveshafts
26) ARB Twin Air Compressor on a M.O.R.E. bracket.

Last edited:

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Very nice build you’ve got going on. I’m looking forward to your overlanding write-ups if you do any.

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Very nice build you’ve got going on. I’m looking forward to your overlanding write-ups if you do any.
Thank you, I don't have any big plans for blogging, but I will do some. While I am out there, I will primarily focus on my astrophotography. The last time I did, was back in 2017. I will also write another business plan. I will jump back into the game when the economy starts to turn around. Until then, I will live off my retirement and hang out on the trails.

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I finally installed my Mopar Stubby Bumper today. Installing the bumper itself was straightforward; however, the wiring harness for the foglights is about two inches too short, so I will replace it with the wiring harness from the factory plastic bumper. I was surprised that the stubby bumper came with the foglights installed. I was under the impression that I would have to relocate the foglights from the plastic bumper to the stubby.

I attempted to install my Warn Zeon 12-S winch but was unsuccessful because the Warn winch plate made for the Zeon series was improperly manufactured. Since I ordered the original one from Amazon, I ordered the replacement from Quadratec, hoping they are from two different batches. In the picture, you can see that the plate does not align with the Zeon mounting holes. They are off by over 1/8th inch. I hope the new winch plate will be here by Friday because the following Monday, the Jeep will be in the shop for its lift kit and other mods to be installed.

The last thing I accomplished was relocating the SiriusXM satellite antenna using the Maximus-3 relocation kit. After I installed the RTT, the reception was sporadic. However, with the antenna relocated, as shown in the picture, reception is excellent again.

Installation of the relocation kit was complicated as I could not pull all the plastic trim panels without pulling my overhead molle panel and GMRS radio. To do that, I would have had to remove other mods too. I finished the job but broke the dome light because I could not follow the original directions. Now I have to replace it. If I had to do it over again, I would still do it the same way instead of pulling a lot of mods off and making it into a two-day project. Overall I am happy with the outcome.

IMG_7479.jpeg

IMG_7476.jpeg

IMG_7483.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I dropped my Jeep off this morning at Exodus 4x4 to finish my mods before I hit the road next month. I can't wait to get it back on Thursday and see how it looks. The Jeep is beginning to look like it missed leg day with all the stuff I already added to it. However, that is getting remedied this week.

IMG_7544.jpeg

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thanks Scott, it seems like it has been the longest ten months of my life! Hopefully, I will be on the road November 10th(ish).

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Nice was it fun or frustrating getting it all fixed up?
Mostly it has been fun. The frustration has been from waiting for certain parts to become available. I am they type that will wait for what I want rather than get what is available. It has also been frustrating getting parts that were improperly manufactured as well. Outside of that it has been fun.
Sponsored