Sponsored

Assistance needed from any Jeep Corporate or Dealership GM on here…

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I know this is an unusual request, but could use a favor getting an official letter certifying there’s no asbestos used in manufacture of my ‘21 4xe. Can be from Jeep Corporate or any dealership GM so long as it has wet signature and on letterhead. DM me for more info if you’re one of these folks and can help me out. Thanks!!!
Sponsored

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
I am curious why you need a letter since asbestos has been banned since 1989?

• April 2019 Restrictions on Discontinued Uses of Asbestos Rule to ensure that asbestos products that are no longer on the market cannot return to commerce without the Agency evaluating them and putting in place any necessary restrictions or prohibiting use. The uses covered under this rule were not already prohibited under TSCA and could have returned to the market at any time.
  • 1989 Partial Ban on the manufacture, import, processing, and distribution of some asbestos-containing products. EPA also banned new uses of asbestos which prevent new asbestos products from entering the marketplace after August 25, 1989. These uses remain banned. The April 2019 rule does not provide a way for these uses to return to the marketplace.

OP
OP
Equitasforall

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I am curious why you need a letter since asbestos has been banned since 1989?
I’m taking the Jeep with me overseas. Import process requires letter on letterhead specifically stating it. I know the history. I didn’t make the rule, I just need help following it.

OP
OP
Equitasforall

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Maybe @JeepCares could help you.
Yep. Tried that. They told me to call, which I did. Gentlemen I spoke with said they have a letter that stated it was built to US standards that they could provide easily. My problem is that it has to specifically state there’s no asbestos in it. My transportation management officer provided a letter the host government will accept. It’s very simple and just has to be on letterhead with wet signature. Most people obtain one from their local dealership. Mine wouldn’t do it, so looking for someone on here from corporate or a dealership that can help. I can email them the letter. They print it on letterhead, wet sign 4 copies and return to me. I know they’re on here somewhere. Just need one that’s willing to help. I’ll even pay the postage to get the signed letters back to me.

Sponsored

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Where are you headed? (I did the expat thing for 6 years, 1989-95 in Germany.)

bohnster

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude GCM
Occupation
Bourbon Taster
I’m taking the Jeep with me overseas. Import process requires letter on letterhead specifically stating it. I know the history. I didn’t make the rule, I just need help following it.
But you could have specified that in your post, thus the curious question in the first response...

OP
OP
Equitasforall

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
But you could have specified that in your post, thus the curious question in the first response...
Of course I could have. Lots of things I could have included But post was directed toward and dealership GMs or folks from corporate that might be lurking on here. They could have hit me up directly for info as requested. Didn’t need to share all details with the masses. I live and work in a world where “need to know” applies to almost everything and thus only put in what needed to be shared. But thanks.